Hi
This is my machine config

Mobo ->A7N266-VM
Ram -> 512 , 333 Hz
HDD -> Seagate 250 GB ,

1) Samsung combo drive
2) NEC DVD writter

OS-> windows xp professional

I have this pc since last 3 years, but from last 6 months, I am facing strange problem

Whenever I start PC I get BSD during startup. Then I try to start the PC in safe mode same thing happens. I repeate this 2/3 times then Finally I get safe mode screen.
There I just click on restart button. Then next time every thing works fine.

Initially I did my R& D like following

1) I reinstalled windows twice ( w/o sp2) , didn’t help
2) Then Installed windows with sp2 , didn’t help
3) I thought my HDD is having problem so I changed it , and Brought new one ( the 250 GB) , didn’t help. Only thing is the BSD goes in a second and PC gets restarted.

4) Now the area to look for are
RAM , Mobo , both the optical drives.

Now I am subspecies about the drives. Is there any way to chk if drives are not causing the machine to crash?

Is there any way to chk the RAM also?

Many thanks for the help

Hrishikesh

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
try prime 95 and memtest torture test for 8hr each

before this try by turning off 'Quick Post'. If there is proplem with ram, as it looks, most prob the bios will tell ya abt it after it does testing memory.

also try to reseat the ram in other slot.

OP
H

HRISHIG

Broken In
Can you tell what is Quick Post? Also I have changed the ram . (Forgot to mention ) Earlier it was 256 MB Now it's replaced with 512 with 333 Mz.

When I had 256 Ram at that there was not BSD but I used to get messages like system is recovered from serious error , at every startup :-(

This is so confusing...

Rollercoaster said:
before this try by turning off 'Quick Post'. If there is proplem with ram, as it looks, most prob the bios will tell ya abt it after it does testing memory.

also try to reseat the ram in other slot.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
I aslo had the same prob......after my memory underclock experiment!! :D
I ran memtest for a night and its fine now.!!Doesn't even restart untill I press the restart button...

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
I have faced a similar problem and since now you have changed RAM and Hdd...get your power supply checked...similar things happened to my PC also.

And before this try installing WIndows 98...If I am correct it will work properly....!

OP
H

HRISHIG

Broken In
Ok I will try this. But 98 will not support this.

Meanwhile I will also try to use old drivers for the display and sound.

That was also one thing I changed 6/7 months back

Will post the results

magnet

Youngling
most probably power supply problem..its dying....or sending wneven vtg..has made your ram faulty.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom