Machine Crashed...

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi Guys,

I was playing Crysis Warhead.Then suddenly my screen gone blank & the BSOD
dump screen is shown up with memory dump countdown timer....& machine restarted....

Then after re-boot...I again started crysis..then after the last level cutscene...
again the machine restarted itself....(but no Blue screen this time)....it all happened on sunday....I thought some file is corrupt in game so turned-off the machine...

Then On Monday when is started the machine.....it denied to start..all fans were working properly...monitor was off & HDD & DVD writer LEDs were blinking with 1sec gap.....I dont know what happend....then I kept the machine as it is...then suddenly after 2~3mins the machine started automatically....& I completed the remaining levels of Crysis Warhead finally
without any crash.

So,cud anybody tell me what all had happened???...I dnt wanna face this issue anymore....

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

@asingh: so u doubt dat its RAM problem....Btw how much time does Memtest takes...I have not done this before....

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Can the game not being a legit copy be reason???

haven't u read my last lines...even i thought the files may be corrupt but game was perfectly ok....coz it ran smoothly @ last....

its a technical problem related to either Graphics Card/RAM/PSU????

I'll have 2 figure it out whats the reason for this error...

abhidev

Human Spambot
haven't u read my last lines...even i thought the files may be corrupt but game was perfectly ok....coz it ran smoothly @ last....

its a technical problem related to either Graphics Card/RAM/PSU????

I'll have 2 figure it out whats the reason for this error...

It also happens when some game files are corrupt...everytime your game crashes or windows get restarts due to those crashes...they may corrupt some of the files too.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

It also happens when some game files are corrupt...everytime your game crashes or windows get restarts due to those crashes...they may corrupt some of the files too.

I know this fact...but the problem is something else coz the game ran smoothly where i got the BSOD.....

@asingh: how long it took for u to complete the memtest?

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Hmm..ryt now machine working properly though its under observation,
didnt know y it happened....
will run memtest whenever i get time....

abhidev

Human Spambot
Hmm..ryt now machine working properly though its under observation,
didnt know y it happened....
will run memtest whenever i get time....

You don't hv to be there while the test is running...you can keep it overnight and check the status the next morning.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I got the reason for the problem it was my 2GB RAM.....
one of it is corrupted now & I've sent the RAM for RMA to corsair...but it will take 15days to get the replacement done....& their service center is in bangalore....

but the good thing is I've 10yrs of warranty on my RAM :)

abhidev

Human Spambot
I got the reason for the problem it was my 2GB RAM.....
one of it is corrupted now & I've sent the RAM for RMA to corsair...but it will take 15days to get the replacement done....& their service center is in bangalore....

but the good thing is I've 10yrs of warranty on my RAM :)

10 yrs....thats awesome man!!! which other companies provide this kind of Warranty??

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

^^yup 10yrs.....but i think its reduced to 5yrs now by corsair itself.....
& no other company provide this much of warranty....

Top Bottom