MacBook for sale - used (as good as new)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter123

Right off the assembly line
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

13 inch : White

1GB memory
120GB hard drive
Double-layer SuperDrive
60W MagSafe Power Adapter
Lithium-polymer battery
Apple Remote
Install/restore DVDs

Used for a couple of months.
Price - Rs.55,000/=
Deal in Madurai/Chennai

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You bought it for around Rs. 62,000 two months ago and you expect to sell it off for about Rs. 55,000?! This is India, mate.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
its the older version right I mean its on GMA 950 ?? for offer I may consider this if its Rs. 25,000/- shipped !!!

@Arya

Whats the price of the New MacBook with GMA x3100 at Kolkata ??

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
The configuration he is talking about (i.e. the one with the SuperDrive, 2.2GHz processor and the X3100 graphics) is around Rs. 62,000, including taxes.

Rs. 25,000 is way too low, Saurav. He deserves around Rs. 45,000. It is only two months old after all. That's as good as new.

lost_poet

I am DESPERATELY searching for an Used macbook at low price. Someone plz help me out. Promise to add +rep for genuine leads. Promise to treat and add +rep to genuine leads in my city ;-).

M in Kolkata. I tried to make a thread on the I Want... section twice. But it is not showing up. May be because I am new here. anyways, someone, anyone, GIMME A MAC! :p

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! My brother has a MacBook. I'll ask him if he wants to sell it.

(Don't have high hopes though. No one wants to give up their Mac. :p)

lost_poet

aryayush said:
LOL! My brother has a MacBook. I'll ask him if he wants to sell it.

(Don't have high hopes though. No one wants to give up their Mac. :p)
Thank you soo much for even that bit. I am really in need of one. I am a Dj and I NEED to start professionally soon. I need it so that it will remain stable even under stress on stage. Don want Xp goign kaput on me u know :p :D

as for high hopes, I always have 'em. How else wud I aspire high? ;-)

But I get ur point. That is exactly why I have backup plans. :)

thank you. :)

edit:Since ur in my city, i most definitely WILL treat you !

Last edited:
lost_poet said:
Thank you soo much for even that bit. I am really in need of one. I am a Dj and I NEED to start professionally soon. I need it so that it will remain stable even under stress on stage. Don want Xp goign kaput on me u know :p :D

as for high hopes, I always have 'em. How else wud I aspire high? ;-)

But I get ur point. That is exactly why I have backup plans. :)

thank you. :)

edit:Since ur in my city, i most definitely WILL treat you !
If you need a good DJ box, go for a good Dell Lappy and install Ubuntu Studio or Dyne:Bolic in it. They will keep you satisfied for years(trust me, a friend did the same. He still shows off his creations). Don't try messing with MACs.

lost_poet

hmmm. I need to use traktor. I am going for Mac for its stability. Traktor for its sophistication. Traktor is the only software so far to give a nearly authentic Vinyl sound. I am partly electronica and partly scratch Dj. I need Traktor. Until something better comes up.

M not messing with Macs. I just know exactly why almost every musician uses a Mac. :D

So hey, plz find me an affordable MacBook!

lost_poet said:
hmmm. I need to use traktor. I am going for Mac for its stability. Traktor for its sophistication. Traktor is the only software so far to give a nearly authentic Vinyl sound. I am partly electronica and partly scratch Dj. I need Traktor. Until something better comes up.

M not messing with Macs. I just know exactly why almost every musician uses a Mac. :D

So hey, plz find me an affordable MacBook!
Stability? The Stability comes from the software, not the Hardware. As far as software is concerned, Ubuntu Studio and Dyne:Bolic are tailor made for audio production and offer maximum stability. They too have good sounds. Affordable MacBooks don't and never will exist, so take my advice and go for what I mentioned. You get good VFM with Dell Laptops. Ecept for the fact that I use my PC, I am confortable with Ubuntu Studio. Especially Hydrogen. You can still live with Mixxx. And yes, its possible to sample the vinyl scratches from Traktor(from a friend's MacBook) and use them in Mixxx. Play cunning;)

Simple Advice: Use some thing for the time being, make money, then go buy Richie Rich Hardware like MACs and AlienWare.:D

PS: shall I PM you some stuff I created with Hydrogen?

lost_poet

Thank you for that. I really appreciate it. But you see, I still have reasons.

I need to perform live, and I need to scratch live. I have used MIxxx but it is very limited. Although Traktor is supposed to work through Wine, myMIDI Controller will hardly do so. I use the BCD3000. I know that stability comes from the software, but the OS X will run properly and antively on the Mac. Which is why I need it. Running it on a generic X86 machine is still a problem.

Anyways, I am out of ideas as to where to look by now. IF anyone has a MacBook here - FEEL HOW LUCKY YOU ARE!!! :p

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@lost_poet

Try from Nepal :Di got a chance I took it, store in nepal allowed payment via USD :D so got a MacMINI for a really low price compare with India :D as I said got a chance means some one was there to carrey it out for me :D

lost_poet

dude, u da mUNN!!! How did u buy it from Nepal? U went der? Or is it Online? Tell me more about it.

OK, idea #2: go and buy a mac mini for now. MAC Books will set U bak by 75,000 minimum. Minis are small enough for live use... and My friend claims they start at 22K... but I am not sure bout that.

PS: abe sala livr ke liye asli vinyl use nahi kar saktha hai kya? Mere paas bahut sare old vinyls hai. Chahie kya? Avoid using synthesised sounds as much as possible if you are going pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom