mac pro, worth it or not?

NITIN BHUWANIA

Broken In
DUDE MAC IS MAC..IF MAC ARE WORTHLESS COSTLY PIECE OF SH*T then why are they used widely in corporate office and every high level job???

they have some features which windows can never achieve..

I own a Macbook Pro and i can understand the difference between mac and windows..Mac simply rocks..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Windows 7 can do everything what Mac OS X can. But not in as easy and user-friendly way compared to Mac OS X.

The only thing bad about Windows is, its illogical and prone core.

Lastly, Ubuntu 10.10 was easily better than Mac OS X for me considering I didn't have to pay a single penny and it easily matched Mac OS X in most aspects.

OP
doomgiver

doomgiver

Warframe
DUDE MAC IS MAC..IF MAC ARE WORTHLESS COSTLY PIECE OF SH*T then why are they used widely in corporate office and every high level job???

I own a Macbook Pro and i can understand the difference between mac and windows..Mac simply rocks..

yes, mac is COSTLY PIECE OF SH*T.
and they are NOT used "widely in corporate office and every high level job"
show me a major corporation who uses a MAC for mission critical/core work.
if you are a poncy designer who wants to flaunt it, go for mac, its made for poncy noobs like that, but if you are a power user, dont even think about using a mac.

Windows 7 can do everything what Mac OS X can. But not in as easy and user-friendly way compared to Mac OS X.

The only thing bad about Windows is, its illogical and prone core.

Lastly, Ubuntu 10.10 was easily better than Mac OS X for me considering I didn't have to pay a single penny and it easily matched Mac OS X in most aspects.

YES YES YES!!! ubuntu rocks in every corner.
you want fancy graphics? compiz is here.
easy updates? you got it!
IT BOOTS IN 10 SECONDS FLAT!!! 15 seconds after pushing the power button, and im ready to go. beat that.
got a problem? loads of forums and irc chatrooms to help u out.

best reason to use linux : we dont try to fool you with useless technobabble and arcane marketing gimmicks into using the product.
linux speaks for itself, it dont need no million $$$ ad to show it.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
linux speaks for itself, it dont need no
million $$$ ad to show it.
Free and Open Source is the best trump card.
Some of the more famous Windows software needs to get ported.
Linux has really become awesome. I didnt find Ubuntu 9.10 that very great. But 10.10 is great.

OP
doomgiver

doomgiver

Warframe
Free and Open Source is the best trump card.
Some of the more famous Windows software needs to get ported.
Linux has really become awesome. I didnt find Ubuntu 9.10 that very great. But 10.10 is great.

i didnt like that close buttons on the left. first thing i changed.

anyone here actually used a mac pro? what about some stats to compare it to other machines?

vizkid2005

In the zone
I have a friend who deals in Macs ... He is a STAR dealer .. All filmstars buy Macs and stuff from him ...

I went to him, He told me that macs are used by people in film industry and music industry heavily ... For Hard core video editing and rendering ... With ppl like me who just wanna play games ,its not for me ....

But I am trying since last month 2 install MAc OSX on my rig, but 2 no avail ... Yet, Try Try till SUCEED ....

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Mac is not the best. Windows is. Might be unsecure, not so high graphics but I feel its the ease of use that wins it.

Also no os has such a high number of apps.

Least Resource consuming.

I know now Linux, Mac users will start a fight. Lets have one :D

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mac is not the best. Windows is. Might be unsecure, not so high graphics but I feel its the ease of use that wins it.
Ubuntu is the best. No contest. More easier to use than Windows.

Just don't comment if you haven't used any OS for long. ;) That would be my honest suggestion.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Just don't comment if you haven't
used any OS for long. That would be my honest suggestion.

ok.

but why is Mac's so mentally priced.?
Too costly for most of normal Indians.
Arent their edges also very sharp?

OP
doomgiver

doomgiver

Warframe
^ mac mini, no sharp edges on that thing, friend! its waaay to cute to be a WMD.

I have a friend who deals in Macs ... He is a STAR dealer .. All filmstars buy Macs and stuff from him ...

I went to him, He told me that macs are used by people in film industry and music industry heavily ... For Hard core video editing and rendering ... With ppl like me who just wanna play games ,its not for me ....

But I am trying since last month 2 install MAc OSX on my rig, but 2 no avail ... Yet, Try Try till SUCEED ....
as i said in the other thread,
indian movie makers donot have the mental capacity to make a ground breaking film.
thats why we are stuck with bad copies of hollywood films.
i think the movie industry is filled with retards. they all have a herd mentality
"OMG, converse sneakers!! do want!!!" next day, the whole damn city is wearing thin strips of colorful cloth on their feet.

Costly yes. But not piece of sh*t. Best Operating System around if you ignore the price which one obviously can't.
i think you blanked out a bit there....
Ubuntu is the best. No contest. More easier to use than Windows.
back to normal :)

but why is Mac's so mentally priced.?
Too costly for most of normal Indians.
Arent their edges also very sharp?
mac mental pricing = steve job's way of extorting money from rich ppl with lots of $$$ and no @@@ <- thats a brain:shock:
sharp edges? thats just the new apple tech. they call it "sharp edged killing machine" technology. its used by apple fanboys for cutting their food and vegetables, coz the mac costs so much, they cannot afford cutlery and knives anymore.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
sharp edges? thats just the new apple tech. they call it "sharp edged killing machine" technology. its used by apple fanboys for cutting their food and vegetables, coz the mac costs so much, they cannot afford cutlery and knives anymore.

Very well said. +1

Probably a time is not far when a Mac is going to have a side which is a razor sharp cutter.

And since it will be able to cut anything from vegetables to glass prices of Mac's will be doubled!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
arko1983 said:
y buy mac when u can buy alieanware
with that price?
You wanna know why?
1) Alienware's as thick as a Yellow page dictionary and everyone knows how thick mac's are.
2) If a gaming laptop costs 180k, you would get a desktop thrice as powerfull. Yes, Alienware are even more mentally priced.
3) Alienware doesnt give razor sharp edges.(what I mean is Mac's look better)

Overall, Mac's are actually a better buy than Alienware.

arko1983

In the zone
You wanna know why?
1) Alienware's as thick as a Yellow page dictionary and everyone knows how thick mac's are.
2) If a gaming laptop costs 180k, you would get a desktop thrice as powerfull. Yes, Alienware are even more mentally priced.
3) Alienware doesnt give razor sharp edges.(what I mean is Mac's look better)

Overall, Mac's are actually a better buy than Alienware.

1) it may be thick but u can customize some looks.

2)desktop always lower priced than laptop and mac is more expensive than alieanware and has less powerful specs

3)i feel alieanware looks better so ("look's" varies from person to person)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
i think you blanked out a bit there....
well, I think I've all the operating systems for enough time to realize what is good or what is bad about each of them.

I'm out of this thread now anyways. :)

Top Bottom