mac os 10.3 "panther" on pear pc(pics inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

U can get MacOS X retail for $ 130

hey, andy, good news, apple insider is saying that Tigar will be released in April 1, before it's original schedule

OP
mail2and

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
yes i know that...

steve jobs will announce it on april 1... which incidently is apple's foundation day.... it will be available in retail stores by 15th of april.... they will update the gfx card and ram in some models for no extra cost... so i guess i'll wait till june to buy mah mac mini/iBook.....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@mail2and

hay... can u share the steps to installetion?? i have a OS x tiger installetion DVD.... (which came with my FRNDs MAC system)... now i did went through the PearPC site... there they r asking user to obtain the MAC HDD image... which i cant have... now how can i use this 2.6 GB DVD (which windows cant read but ISO extraing software can... & can extract it as a single ISO..)... to install that OS...

mario_pant

In the zone
mann... i think it had been discussed already as it has been here for soo long.....
i've been using this since last year.... no LAN yet or net yet.... as there is very less harware support right now!

and u should try the other builds like the parasys build... it is much fater and has a better core...

OP
mail2and

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
I've officially switched over ;) just got my mac the other day :D it's awesome! looks are just 5%.. the functionality is gr8!

mario.. i got LAN working perfectly.. on prasys build as well... u have to use the "Tap" drivers i think and CCproxy to share the net connection..

@saurav- *wiki.pearpc.net/index.php/InstallTigerWithoutPanther here is the link to install using the dvd...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hay guyess i got stuck on a stape.. pls help me out..

well with a BIG thnx to mail2and for that guide... i was able to install it.. (all though the whole process took 8h excluding painfull partition delay)

see here,

Starting MAC installetion...

*img490.imageshack.us/img490/4733/000zt.th.jpg

Now, Main installer windows,

*img490.imageshack.us/img490/1016/010ge.th.jpg

Painfull harddisk partitioning,

*img460.imageshack.us/img460/3647/025tv.th.jpg

Then Running the 6h installetion

*img460.imageshack.us/img460/8894/031ys.th.jpg

*img460.imageshack.us/img460/7062/047od.th.jpg

*img460.imageshack.us/img460/8725/056jy.th.jpg

Finally after 6h its done (atlist then i thought that)

*img460.imageshack.us/img460/7349/066bs.th.jpg

so far it was though slow... but things ware happening...

but i got stuck it this satpe of that guide

guide said:
The installer will start again, but this time, after the language selection, do not install but run the Disk Utility from the Utilities menu. After choosing your HD-image, make "Disk Utility" fix it by first clicking Repair Disk and then Repair Disk Permissions. When it is done with that, leave the installer by quitting "Disk Utility" and choosing Startup Disk from the "Utilities" menu, where you select your HD-image as boot device

i got stuck on the "Repair Disk Permissions" option... MAC is taking the command... but nothing is happening even waiting for 5h... screen just shows that Reparing Disk permission... thats it... nevver shows messege Done... :cry:

OP
mail2and

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
I haven't seen the guide yet.. but we repair disk permissions when os x messes up a bit...

I'll check the guide and reply here...

yeah pearpc is slow.. a 2000+ will emulate like 660 mhz g3/g4 with very low fsb

EDIT-

So i guess continue the installation without that... you can always repair disk permission from OS X itself(Applications/Utilities). Try to install without that.. if it doesn't install that way.. then u gotta wait till it completes the thing...

mario_pant

In the zone
according to me the Native OSx86 beats the hell outta every other way to get it work on intel.... even PearPC....

OP
mail2and

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
yeah but you can't update it ;)

although i agree it is a LOT faster than pear PC... almost 300-400% faster...

OP
mail2and

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
You get a few third party software.. but no most of the effects are a result of the Quartz Graphics Enginer and PDF-Based Aqua which are exclusive to Mac.

You can however use various third party docks, skins etc.. but don't expect the same quality.

kato

Karthiksn
hry andy u seem to know lot of about the mac tell wat is the thing thing called which is there in Mac instead of taskbar of windows and ha interractive icons

OP
mail2and

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
it's the dock ;) read my review of mac mini/osx in this forum in the reviews section :) mebbe page 2....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom