Mac Mini or Windows

Mac Mini or Windows

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

help_me

Broken In
hey all... i am going to buy a new pc at my home... but m confused between a mac mini and windows....
i basically wrk on designing softwares like corel, photoshop, illustrator, dreamweaver.. etc... so many sujestted me mac mini... cause the wrkin is better so is the price..

but then there is compatibility issues... i mean mac does mac files run easily on a windows based pc.... and also then there r differnet games and softwaes for mac...
m confused... shd i go for mac or windows....

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Mac software isn't that easily available, nor is it "cheap". Then there's the actual range of softwares. Ofcourse there are a lot of freewares around. But unless u are real serious into video or grafx rendering, u can go for x86 hardware.

OP
H

help_me

Broken In
ya i actually wrk quiet seriously on designing softwares.. and for tht mac is fine... i think :roll: .. but the only problem is the compatibility issuses... no issues abt softwares...

expertno.1

Technomancer
Mac software isn't that easily available, nor is it "cheap"
and what about windows softwares ?
those are also not cheap
unless u are real serious into video or grafx rendering, u can go for x86 hardware.
i agree with you in this point
but m confused between a mac mini and windows....
go for windows that would be better for you

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
help_me said:
ya i actually wrk quiet seriously on designing softwares.. and for tht mac is fine... i think :roll: .. but the only problem is the compatibility issuses... no issues abt softwares...
What compatiblity issue are u talking about. Is it that u are worried whether ur existing save files (like psd) in windows won't work in mac?

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
mac software not being available is just a myth. I dunnoe where this thing started from in India but every one says this.. which is un-true! you can download any software you want! yes you can pay for ur graphics software online and just d/l it!

Times hv changed! Grow up ppl... Apple is a $35 billion company doing some serious business.. it's not exactly a roadside vendor..

AFAIK, there would be no compatibility issues...

OP
H

help_me

Broken In
siriusb said:
help_me said:
What compatiblity issue are u talking about. Is it that u are worried whether ur existing save files (like psd) in windows won't work in mac?

well u got it right...!! and m also worried abt tht wud photoshop files made in mac will be wrkin on windows..??

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
As long as you save them as PSDs or JPEGs or other standard formats, I see no reason why PS files made on a Mac wouldn't work with a PC.

goobimama

 Macboy
Just got the iBook. Works flawlessly. And there is no problem at all opening files from windows and vice versa. its fully compatible. Don't know why I stayed away from the mac all these years.

though one point to mention, for the price that you will pay for a mac mini, you will get a killer x86 system. But for the price that you pay for the iMac G5, you get the power of the G5. So, mac mini not worth it, G5 worth it.

crashuniverse

In the zone
i wish i could have discovered this place earlier to chillax help_me. a friend of mine has a G5 and its jus' awesome. I have not much detailed idea of macs but i see no compatibility issues with ggeneral file formats and it rocks when we talk about the graphics, playing simply a movie, u realise the difference.

and yes, there r pretty much nice articles on "solution to all your problems - get a mac". Its rili gonna be tough for MS once apple drops its prices :)

And i heard that apple will have a pact with intel chips and this will probably make intel users to even use mac OSX in intel machines instead of IBM chips as such now in MACs. How far this thing is correct?

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Actually the switch to Intel won't make much of a difference. Apple will continue to support the PPC platform for a long long time. so, if you want to buy therez no reason to wait

@vignesh- mac mini retails at 26k

I agree with crashuniverse and goobimama. You can only know about the power of a Mac by actually operating it.

Infact, an Imac g5 though overpriced by 8-10k in India is still a gr8 deal in 75-76k. People just don't see the full config. For the people who want to spend less there is Emac at 50k and Mac Mini at 26k.

OP
H

help_me

Broken In
hey thwnkz a lot guys...

well i think MAC it is ..

but hey goobimama .. is mac mini not worth going for... i'll be needin to do wrk on photoshop, illlustrator.. etc... :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom