M2N-MX vs M2N-MX SE Diff ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
wats the difference between M2N-MX vs M2N-MX SE ??

does both have onboard graphics ?? if yes which one. :)

shantanu

Technomancer
M2N-MX has sound max HD onboard audio . well M2N-MX-SE has Relatek HD audio onboard,
so no big difference but M2N-MX-SE is better coz sound max annoys a lot in M2N-MX :p

OP
vish786

vish786

"The Gentleman"
shantanu said:
M2N-MX has sound max HD onboard audio . well M2N-MX-SE has Relatek HD audio onboard,
so no big difference but M2N-MX-SE is better coz sound max annoys a lot in M2N-MX :p

wat do u mean my "annoys a lot " ????

and do both mobo have onboard graphcis ??

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah both of them has onboard..

annoys means that Sound max had a problem in HD audio solutions onboard.. no driver updates for audio and all.. the sound wasn't good and had problem in installing drivers...

copy-paste :D:D

Description
M2N-MX SE

Support AMD Socket AM2 CPU
NVIDIA GeForce 6100 + nForce 430
Integrated GeForce6 GPU -PCI Express architecture
PCI Express architecture
100/10 LAN
DDR2 800
2*SATA 300MB/s RAID 0,RAID 1 and JOB
AMD Live!™ Ready

Supports AMD Socket AM2 Athlon 64 X2 / Athlon 64 FX / Athlon 64 / Sempron
The motherboard supports AMD socket AM2 single-core Athlon 64/ Sempron and dual-core Athlon 64 X2/ Athlon 64 FX processors with 2MB / 1MB / 512KB L2 cache, which is based on 64-bit architecture. It features 2000 / 1600 MT/s HyperTransport Bus, dual-channel un-buffered DDR2 800 memory support and AMD Cool 'n' Quiet! Technology.

AMD Cool ´n´ Quiet! Technology
M2N-MX supports AMD Cool 'n' Quiet! Technology, which monitors system operation and automatically adjusts CPU voltage and frequency for a cool and quiet environment.

NVIDIA GeForce ™6100/nForce ™430
The NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6100 GPU Northbridge supports Microsoft® DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0,NVIDIA® PureVideo Technology with unprecedented integrated video quality,and PCI Express interface. The NVIDIA® nForce™ 430 MCP delivers NVIDIA® Gigabit LAN, and NVIDIA® MediaShield storage management technology allowing easy RAID configuration (RAID 0, RAID 1) for Serial ATA 3Gb/s.

Dual channel DDR2 800
DDR2 800 memory provides great performance for 3D graphics and other memory demanding applications on next generation memory technology.

PCI Express Architecture
PCI Express is the latest I/O interconnect technology that will replace the existing PCI. With a bus bandwidth 2 times higher than that of AGP 8X interface, PCI Express x8 bus performs much better in applications such as 3D gaming.

Serial ATA 3Gb/s
This motherboard supports next-generation SATA hard drives based on the new SATA 3Gb/s storage specification. The onboard NVIDIA nForce 405 MCP southbridge allows RAID 0, RAID 1 configurations for four SATA connectors.

10/100 LAN
Easy connectivity to your network or broadband connection with onboard LAN port, lets you take gaming online without buying expensive additional LAN cards.

High Definition Audio
Enjoy high-quality sound system on your PC! The onboard 6-channel HD audio (High Definition Audio, previously codenamed Azalia) CODEC enables high-quality 192KHz/24-bit audio output, jack-sensing feature technology that automatically detects and identifies what types of peripherals are plugged into the audio I/O jacks and notifies users of inappropriate connection, meaning there will be no more confusion of Line-in, Line-out and Mic jacks.

ASUS EZ Flash
With ASUS EZ Flash, you can update BIOS before entering operating system. No more DOS-based flash utility and bootable diskette required.

MyLogo
ASUS MyLogo personalizes and adds style to your system with customizable boot logos.

GreenASUS
The motherboard and its packaging comply with the European Union´s Restriction on the use of Hazardous Substances (RoHS). This is in line with the ASUS vision of creating environment-friendly and recyclable products and packaging to safeguard consumers´ health while minimizing the impact on the environment.

Specifications
General Product TypeMotherboard Form FactorMicro ATX Compatible ProcessorsAthlon 64, Sempron Processor SocketAM2 Max Bus Speed2000 MHz 64-bit Processors CompatibilityBuilt-in Memory Supported RAM TechnologyDDR II SDRAM RAM Installed ( Max )/ 2 GB (max) Audio Audio OutputHigh Definition Audio 6-channel CODEC Memory RAM TechnologyNon-ECC

OP
vish786

vish786

"The Gentleman"
shantanu said:

annoys means that Sound max had a problem in HD audio solutions onboard.. no driver updates for audio and all.. the sound wasn't good and had problem in installing drivers...

copy-paste :D:D
i had already seen that description on asus site re.... but the thing is in the product list there are two separate section for AM2 mobo,
they have done this to tell that one section is for mobos (AM2) has onboard graphics and the other mobo's(AM2) section is which does not have onboard graphics.

but for M2N-MX mobo (this is in the list with onboard graphics mobo for AM2 architecture) this is what is the description they have given
*www.asus.com/999/images/products/1160/01.gif NVIDIA GeForce ™6100/nForce ™430 *in.asus.com/999/images/products/1338/nvidia_geforce.gif
The NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6100 GPU Northbridge supports Microsoft® DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0,NVIDIA® PureVideo Technology with unprecedented integrated video quality,and PCI Express interface. The NVIDIA® nForce™ 430 MCP delivers NVIDIA® Gigabit LAN, and NVIDIA® MediaShield storage management technology allowing easy RAID configuration (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1, and RAID 5) for Serial ATA 3Gb/s.
and for M2NPV-MX (this is in the list which does not have onboard graphics card) the description for this they hav given is
*www.asus.com/999/images/products/1138/01.gif NVIDIA GeForce ™6150/nForce ™430 *www.asus.com/999/images/products/1138/nvidia_geforce.gif
The NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6150 GPU Northbridge supports Microsoft® DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0, dual VGA out ( DVI-D and RGB), NVIDIA® PureVideo Technology with unprecedented integrated video quality, and PCI Express interface. The NVIDIA® nForce™ 430 MCP Southbridge delivers NVIDIA® Gigabit LAN, and NVIDIA® MediaShield storage management technology allowing easy RAID configuration (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1, RAID 5 and JBOD) for Serial ATA 3Gb/s.
which means M2NPV-MX also has onboard graphics card.... then why have they put this mobo in the list section which says no onboard graphics card, (as ur telling both the mobo's have onboard graphics card)

2. ) and Nvidia geforce 6150/nforce 430 means that the onboard graphics card is nvidia 6150 for M2NPV-MX mobos ???

and for NVIDIA GeForce ™6100/nForce ™430 means that onboard gfx card is nvidia 6100 for M2N-MX ?? am i correct ???

3. ) in Nvidia gefor e 6150/nforce 430.... what is nforc 430 ???

4.)so the problem in M2N-MX is only when we Use HD audio ??? and not when we play music in normal mode ??? am i right that way ?? :)

shantanu said:

and this is what they are telling abt soundmax
SoundMAX is the highest performing, most reliable and user-friendly PC audio solution for business professionals, audiophiles, musicians, and gamers. Hear crystal-clear quality from all your audio - MP3 playback, home theatre, advanced gaming, VOIP and more, and never worry - SoundMAX high-definition audio is there to enhance your experience!
5.)on what basis ur telling soundmax has problem ?? <me confused>

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
look dont get confused,,

when a mobo manufacturer says that the mobo has the onboard and it does not then it means the same as they say.. but i have used M2N-MX a long time back when the board was launched.. now my father uses that system, i any mode if you use the audio... (lets say you dont even use the audio) now the thing is that the drivers installation of Soundmax azalia audio is in this way that the chipset itself uses Microsoft HD audio bus for audio output(its a hotfix that is installed for SoundMax HD audio so that it can work perfectly)
readthis from soundmax said:
Due to an engineering error, the HD Audio bus driver that shipped in Server 2003 SP1 and Windows XP x64 Edition
contains what is called ¡§time bomb¡¨ functionality that prevents the use of the binary after a certain date.
That date was August 1st 2005 and users may find their audio device stop working after that date.

If the following conditions are true, the computer Intel High Definition audio functionality unexpectedly
quits working:¡E The computer is running either Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
or Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

¡E The computer has an Intel High Definition audio device.

CAUSE
This problem occurs because of a problem in the Intel High Definition audio driver that
is included with Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

The Download Center URLs will be as follows:

WS03

*www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...06-15B3-4A65-8C52-746BEB24E86C&displaylang=en

WS03 x64

*www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...06-50EE-4458-902F-F9FC59201B04&displaylang=en

WinXP x64

*www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...F1-065C-41E8-A148-9D79BD9D24F9&displaylang=en

The reason this happened has been addressed for future OS releases.

so now what happens is that it does not matter how much ram you have , or what power CPU, if you use Windows XP then you will face a strange problem while operating the system,, their is a HDA property which is enabled only by soundmax.. device.. it give system jerks and all... its not only limited to me.. its aproblem of many systems that i have seen... visit ASUS forums and many other (do a google search)

2. the thing is i dont have a personal thing whether you buy the board or not.. i wuld suggest the one with Realtek Audio.. it is great in everysense.. coz Nvidia chipset makes a great buy to M2N-mX.. it a great board.. but with Realtek HD audio...

userabove said:
which means M2NPV-MX also has onboard graphics card.... then why have they put this mobo in the list section which says no onboard graphics card, (as ur telling both the mobo's have onboard graphics card)

2. ) and Nvidia geforce 6150/nforce 430 means that the onboard graphics card is nvidia 6150 for M2NPV-MX mobos ???

and for NVIDIA GeForce ™6100/nForce ™430 means that onboard gfx card is nvidia 6100 for M2N-MX ?? am i correct ???

3. ) in Nvidia gefor e 6150/nforce 430.... what is nforc 430 ???
Nforce 430/410/405 etc etc.. are MCP chipset no. the chipsets by NVIDIA.. which is used in the board...

6150 (does not have onboard) 6100(has onboard) are GFx chipset types.. northbridge.. etc etc..

and i am not saying that M2N-PVMX has onboard.. this is the same chipset without onboard... :D:D:D

OP
vish786

vish786

"The Gentleman"
shantanu said:
look dont get confused,,

when a mobo manufacturer says that the mobo has the onboard and it does not then it means the same as they say.. but i have used M2N-MX a long time back when the board was launched.. now my father uses that system, i any mode if you use the audio... (lets say you dont even use the audio) now the thing is that the drivers installation of Soundmax azalia audio is in this way that the chipset itself uses Microsoft HD audio bus for audio output(its a hotfix that is installed for SoundMax HD audio so that it can work perfectly)

so now what happens is that it does not matter how much ram you have , or what power CPU, if you use Windows XP then you will face a strange problem while operating the system,, their is a HDA property which is enabled only by soundmax.. device.. it give system jerks and all... its not only limited to me.. its aproblem of many systems that i have seen... visit ASUS forums and many other (do a google search)

2. the thing is i dont have a personal thing whether you buy the board or not.. i wuld suggest the one with Realtek Audio.. it is great in everysense.. coz Nvidia chipset makes a great buy to M2N-mX.. it a great board.. but with Realtek HD audio...

Nforce 430/410/405 etc etc.. are MCP chipset no. the chipsets by NVIDIA.. which is used in the board...

6150 (does not have onboard) 6100(has onboard) are GFx chipset types.. northbridge.. etc etc..

and i am not saying that M2N-PVMX has onboard.. this is the same chipset without onboard... :D:D:D
the problem u mentioned with soundmax HD is only with windows server 2003 and windows xp 64 bit and not with windows xp 32 bit, and any linux OS... right ???

so i can run windows xp 32 bit and linux OS without any problem and jerks ??

please confirm this :)

shantanu

Technomancer
so ! you didnt even read my post fully :D:D:D

look their is no problem with Vista , but Windows XP family or windows 2003 server or linux gives problem ...

basically i used windows Xp and it gave a hell of a problem...

their is problems with Windows XP .... in linux their was no sound :D:D (fedora 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom