M$ free Offer! win Windows Phones ,submit 'Android Hating 'Story'

Do you think M$ can win on negative campaign?

• Yes

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • some extent

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Not so sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
For those who are writing against MS - you all use windows. and that sir will not change!!!

lets just accept that MS has contributed a great deal to our lives!!! :)

noob

Cyborg Agent
For those who are writing against MS - you all use windows. and that sir will not change!!!

So what ? we are not (atleast i am not) fanboy of MS, Google or Apple. I am a end user and will smack anyone doing something wrong and will also praise them for good things they do.

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
noob - you dont understand the value of MS coz u have not used linux. Once you do that you'll start appreciating MS & windows more! :)

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
Hey buddy one who have even a bit of knowledge about linux will prefer linux over windows.in windows if you try to customise the os a bit,thats it 'take out your windows cd and start reinstalling'.we use windows because we are addicted to it. it is like smoking,we know that it is not good for health but still we can't leave it.linux is always better than windows.i myself has experienced it.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^

he has knowledge of Linux. He uses Linux too.

All he is trying to say is...there's no point in hating a company. At the end of the day, you need corporate marketing to push things. :) It's part of the game and competition. May be he isn't wording it properly.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
Ya thats what we are talking in this thread.balmer's comments on other oses are not correct.we use windows doesn't mean that we need to agree with balmer.at last it is abt an individual,if he prefer win or android or ios it is up to him.but still companies should give healthy advertisements to their products.a person should respect his opposite team then only he will be called a gentleman.

noob

Cyborg Agent
noob - you dont understand the value of MS coz u have not used linux. Once you do that you'll start appreciating MS & windows more! :)

you are telling this to a MS developer :) how funny. and FYI , I have my laptop running Ubuntu and PC on windows. Also i am a huge supporter of open source technologies.

All i am saying is we dont have to agree that "everything MS = SUPER COOL"
replace MS with any company of your choice.. :)

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Excuse me? What the hell do you mean by this? By using Linux one would appreciate Windows more? Are you bloody kidding me?
As a Linux user, only one thing I would say, the dominance of Microsoft and Windows has held the desktop back for a long, long time now.

Windows sucks. That's an opinion and not a fact, very much like your post.

Microsoft has made my computing far more difficult due to their monopoly in Microsoft Office formats, and Windows centred hardware/support.
I'll go on to say every problem that a non-Windows user faces is simply due to utter dominance and monopolistic practices by MSFT.

And no idea why Windows and Linux have been bought into the picture. Their "good work" has barely anything to do with this small time jerkfest with Android.

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
Liverpool, noob, sukesh - OpenGL vs. DirectX? backdoor in OpenBSD?

all i wanted to say - there's no point in hating a company..! :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Liverpool, noob, sukesh - OpenGL vs. DirectX?
Why you should use OpenGL and not DirectX - Wolfire Games Blog

backdoor in OpenBSD?
Shall we start about the DRM in Windows and other such crap?
Pretty sure that was FUD as well.

all i wanted to say - there's no point in hating a company..!
And there's no point of counterarguing by FUD. If you wanna make a point, make it based on facts, and figures. Not opinions and myth.

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
^^
but still companies should give healthy advertisements to their products. a person should respect his opposite team then only he will be called a gentleman.

only 1 side of argument, this is.........

No fight - 1 advice though - try actually using *NIX based OS for 4 - 5 years, we'll talk then! :)

Last edited:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
So you'll resort to personal attacks of "noob" and other childish idioticity instead of proper arguments? Ok.

You clearly are posting crap.
A quick google of that OpenBSD "backdoor" suggests it's clearly FUD. And the crap you posted in the previous page is laughable.

No fight - 1 advice though - try actually using *NIX based OS for 4 - 5 years, we'll talk then! :)
Linux user since 2003, full time since 2006. Go on let's talk.

sukesh1090

Adam young
@liverpool fan,
bro he was referring to you and noob(username).he was not calling you noob.
Btw lol,i was a part of this fight.;-)
@lion king,
we are not hating a company.how can we?when we are using windows daily?
We are just opposing what balmer has told about other oses.thats it i am out of this.

Krow

Crowman
Hmmm... This is not Facebook. Thread cleanup in progress. Lionking, avoid trolling forum members. If one of your posts in this thread was sensible, I would not take any action. Repeatedly saying "nooooobbb" and not stating any facts in a serious thread should be avoided.

Since you did not get any of my posts till now, here it is. A lot of us are Linux users and we do not have any complaints with either OS. We do not claim that Linux should be the only OS in the world or vice-versa. Live and let live. M$ does not do that and we don't like that.

So, you too live and let live. Any more of your trolling and useless posts will result in action. Heed my warning, other mods would have banned you by now.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ok. Since cleanup resulted in cleaning of my post too. Let me speak again. I wanted to answer the OP's question.

This strategy from MS won't bring them any gain. On the contrary, they would lose respect from even the people like me, who like Windows.

I sincerely hope, this is just Steve Balmar being humorous, even then, its a humor that I would despise.

Sarath

iDota
Of course negative campaigning works. Although someone doing a mass communications etc type of course will give an more accurate objective answer. I will take the liberty to say that yes! it will work if it is implemented properly.

But it will not work on anyone involved in this discussion since we are never the target audience in the first place. and are well versed with the actual facats to be influence by it.

A majority of people do not give much thought into the accuracy of the source. This is rampant in todays world. Hence a lot of such strategies work. Luckily since both MS and Google are big corporations, such adverts are hardly going to take the other offline overnight.

Blaming a corporation for not using fair practices (but legal) and asking them to behave in a "nice" way is for me too naive a thought in todays world.

Just my opinions. I didn't read the earlier (deleted posts).

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
instead of asking user they should point their fingers at android's weakness (which Android has a lot too). this way M$ will at least give buyers a reason to look at WP7. but starting an anti-Android campaign & this way, all M$ has been able to do is pull criticism. something that WP7 needs to avoid ATM.

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
Of course negative campaigning works. Although someone doing a mass communications etc type of course will give an more accurate objective answer. I will take the liberty to say that yes! it will work if it is implemented properly.

But it will not work on anyone involved in this discussion since we are never the target audience in the first place. and are well versed with the actual facats to be influence by it.

A majority of people do not give much thought into the accuracy of the source. This is rampant in todays world. Hence a lot of such strategies work. Luckily since both MS and Google are big corporations, such adverts are hardly going to take the other offline overnight.

Blaming a corporation for not using fair practices (but legal) and asking them to behave in a "nice" way is for me too naive a thought in todays world.

Just my opinions. I didn't read the earlier (deleted posts).

Totally agree with u dude...!! :)

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
Hello guys!!
after posting the thread, ‬I kept out of the thread, ‬to avoid any inflammation to be caused and members calling '‬names' ‬each other, ‬Luckily,moderator (‬Krow) ‬intervened cleaned (‬I haven't seen that posts)‬.. ‬for this I thank him...
For my part. ‬I voted that '‬NO' ‬because negative campaign always backfire...however I also admit* '‬Sarath' ‬is correctly saying.'
But it will not work on anyone involved in this discussion since we are never the target audience in the first place. ‬and are well versed with the actual facts to be influence by it.

‬A majority of people do not give much thought into the accuracy of the source. ‬This is rampant in todays world. ‬Hence a lot of such strategies work. ‬Luckily since both MS and Google are big corporations, ‬such adverts are hardly going to take the other off-line overnight.
Some how this thread change to '‬usual '‬Linux Vs Windows War.

Let us come to the topic..
the main question here is whether big business corporation like M$ can resort to,' bad mouthing its competitor's products ?
Supporters of M$ say,'that it is a corporation. so it can!"
In USA it can get away with such tactics, because where the politicians are receiving contributory fund (read 'bribe') from BIG corporations such as M$ and apple and ready to bend rules for them..But in India and Europe and many parts of worlds it is a offence to receive funds from the business concerns to promote their interests (see the 2 G scam here)
using unethical practices is not new to them..
they are now desperate.. even offering apple employees to quit their jobsMicrosoft luring developers from Apple with more cash - Yahoo! News
they were caught red handed by offering laptops to journalists when Vista was released
How about Amazon and Google employees?
we can summed up,
Microsoft has certainly had considerable success playing the "money card":
- Offering discounts on software to those who "only" sell computers loaded with Windows (and previously, threatening to use their MONEY-fueled legal dept. to attack those who sell computers NOT loaded with a Microsoft OS).
- Using money as a lever to force the OLPC project to load WinXP on XO computers (and push the "Sugar" Linux OS to the back burner).
- Nearly giving away XP licenses to netbook manufacturers who "only" load XP on netbooks (to try and push Linux out of the picture).
- Constantly threatening others (companies, competitors) to sue them out of existence with their money-stuffed legal department.
- Greasing palms of Governments, Health care organizations, school boards, and so forth in exchange for lucrative and exclusive IT contracts.
- and even bribing ISO members (and paying others to become ISO members) just to ram its ridiculous OOXML "standard" through the hoops.

we are not shocked.. thank U BIG 'Ballmere" Cann't U teach our politico 'proper course on bribery" so they wouldn't be in jail ?

Last edited: