lumia 620 or motorola atrix 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkin

Back to school!!
Just read the review, now the conflict between Xolo X900 and Lumia 620 is in my mind.
Before going for the Lumia 620 wait a bit, I am waiting for a battery test. 1300mah battery has me worried a bit. Specially with such powerful hardware.

guru_urug

iGoogle
I have the LG optimus one and I recently bought a nexus 7 tab via a friend in the US.
Android has really matured as a OS(post ICS). I mean using the Nexus 7 is a feeling of utter joy and satisfaction. Compared to my 2 year old phone I can really see why most people think android is unoptimised and laggy, Android was always feature-rich and highly multi-tasked, but it came at the cost of that jerkiness which turned people off. Not everyone has the know-how, patience or time to root and optimize their devices. But lately, chipsets and the OS itself has caught up to the point where it can overcome that.
If you want a wonderful experience on android, you would need to invest upwards of 15k, infact 20k is where things get really good. I wish the nexus 4 were available in India for the US pricing. That is a killer device and the epitome of android smoothness. Any dual-core krait processor based android is enough to make the interface glide. But alas none of the krait based androids are available in India officially. Show me a note 2 that lags, I really havent seen it skip a frame even when running 10+ apps in the background. Looking at the future, Glxy S4,Note 3,Tegra4, Snapdragon 800...things will only get better for android, and it will eventually creep into the affordable mid-range.
Coming to WP8, the OS itself is really smooth and very well optimised. Amazing features and easy to use, especially with the Nokia Lumia packing in some really amzing maps and other apps. But the apps are really lacking in the WP8 marketplace.
Did you know that Whatsapp for WP8 really sucks? If you use whatsapp heavily, then wait till they release an update for it. Its been months and they dont seem to care to update their apps. And there are cases in which devs, are fed up with developing for 2-3 ecosystems and refuse to port apps to WP8. There are hardly any games in the market compared to Android and iOS. Trust me gaming on the nexus 7 I truely can say that android has no dearth of quality games compared to iOS.
That being said, I see WP8 as a really good OS. Infact I am planning to gift my dad the Lumia 620, since he wants a easy to use phone with good maps and GPS and doesnt use whatsapp at all.
Be wary that if you are coming from android and going to WP8, you will feel a little restricted with the OS. The initial coolness and the smoothness of the OS will baffle you for a few weeks but once its worn off you may feel start missing those amazing apps and features that made android what it is, even if it stuttered every once in a while

OP
R

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
Be wary that if you are coming from android and going to WP8, you will feel a little restricted with the OS. The initial coolness and the smoothness of the OS will baffle you for a few weeks but once its worn off you may feel start missing those amazing apps and features that made android what it is, even if it stuttered every once in a while

I completely agree with that, I was just going through the Windows Phone store and it was small(in comparison), also they don't even have a free version of Fruit Ninja. As I've heard from experts and some users of Xolo X900, they say that in many scenarios it works smoother and faster than many android phones under 25K. And as the price has gone down I think its worth buying. but yet again I'm here to consult you guys before investing my money.

tkin

Back to school!!
I completely agree with that, I was just going through the Windows Phone store and it was small(in comparison), also they don't even have a free version of Fruit Ninja. As I've heard from experts and some users of Xolo X900, they say that in many scenarios it works smoother and faster than many android phones under 25K. And as the price has gone down I think its worth buying. but yet again I'm here to consult you guys before investing my money.
I have high doubts on after sales support, XOLO is actually LAVA, similar to micromax, an Indian company, so I am not comfortable with that.

OP
R

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
I have high doubts on after sales support, XOLO is actually LAVA, similar to micromax, an Indian company, so I am not comfortable with that.

Xolo X900 is not LAVA, its made by Gigabyte so no build quality issues. But it is handled by LAVA in India, so yes there could be an issue but the XOLO service centre in NOIDA is approachable from my home(Delhi).

tkin

Back to school!!
Xolo X900 is not LAVA, its made by Gigabyte so no build quality issues. But it is handled by LAVA in India, so yes there could be an issue but the XOLO service centre in NOIDA is approachable from my home(Delhi).
That's what I meant, and just because you can reach the service center does not mean you get serviced, here in Kolkata Lava and micromax are both serviced by the same provider in most places, have a look at this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/169297-micromax-company-run-satan-himself.html

OP
R

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
That's what I meant, and just because you can reach the service center does not mean you get serviced, here in Kolkata Lava and micromax are both serviced by the same provider in most places, have a look at this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/169297-micromax-company-run-satan-himself.html

The same thing goes for Motorola(though I love their devices). Huawei, HTC, Blackberry and Motorola have common collection centers in Delhi. I've personal experience with Motorola(since their glory days) and Blackberry(recently), completely shitty after sales service, I had to go through consumer forum to get my Motorola Fire handset fixed by them and it took them 24 days to replace the screen. I'm okay if Xolo's service is like them only.

harish82

Broken In
The same thing goes for Motorola(though I love their devices). Huawei, HTC, Blackberry and Motorola have common collection centers in Delhi. I've personal experience with Motorola(since their glory days) and Blackberry(recently), completely shitty after sales service, I had to go through consumer forum to get my Motorola Fire handset fixed by them and it took them 24 days to replace the screen. I'm okay if Xolo's service is like them only.

[ritwiksondhi] If you have decided on Xolo X900 , then there is steal deal at hs18 in 13.5K only ..last today only ... hurry!!!
HomeShop18.com Superdeals - Deals that last only minutes

manishjha18

In the zone
i think you should go for lumia 620..
WP8 OS as such itself is gem. it more secured ,more optimized than android.number of malware in android is way too much. and most of all the chance of you getting updated to next android update is real slim unless you dont buy a nexus phone.
regarding apps--the number of new apps coming in WP8 is way higher than ios or android.yes whats app is not up to the mark in wp8, but they have already said in a tweet that a major update is coming soon.
most of all you get office with wp8.that itself is a real deal.i would def say anybody is high enough if they say their alternative is almost the same.

build quality wise i would say nokia is way better than Korean manufacturers.
you should go for WP 8 phone.. unless you are hooked to all pirated games and apps or (you always like to load a new ROM every 3 months..but that beats the purpose of smartphone.)

OP
R

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
i think you should go for lumia 620..
WP8 OS as such itself is gem. it more secured ,more optimized than android.number of malware in android is way too much. and most of all the chance of you getting updated to next android update is real slim unless you dont buy a nexus phone.
regarding apps--the number of new apps coming in WP8 is way higher than ios or android.yes whats app is not up to the mark in wp8, but they have already said in a tweet that a major update is coming soon.
most of all you get office with wp8.that itself is a real deal.i would def say anybody is high enough if they say their alternative is almost the same.

build quality wise i would say nokia is way better than Korean manufacturers.
you should go for WP 8 phone.. unless you are hooked to all pirated games and apps or (you always like to load a new ROM every 3 months..but that beats the purpose of smartphone.)

Pirated apps and games are even available for WP8. Nevertheless I'm waiting for Lumia 620 launch then I'll go for a toss between Nokia and Xolo. May the better phone wins.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Pirated apps and games are even available for WP8. Nevertheless I'm waiting for Lumia 620 launch then I'll go for a toss between Nokia and Xolo. May the better phone wins.

Pirated apps on WP8?? It's impossible, AFAIK.

OP
R

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman

You should know more...it is happening, though we're yet to get a one button tool to turn a Trial app into full version but it is being done. I know people who know people who know how to do it and they do it for just sake of doing.

OP
R

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
I bought Xolo X900 last week and till now the phone is flawless, intel really had done a great job. I don't think there's any need for this thread to remain open, I'd like it to be closed now but I don't know how to do it.
May be its done by forum admins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom