Lumia 620 or Galaxy s duos?

User Name

In the zone
hi guys,

I am bit confused abt which phone to choose (actually abt OS also), lumia 620 has good display,camera, overall good hardware package but software is little downside(only becoz of WP8). the other one galaxy s duos has single advantage of Android os.:-?

I never used windows phone that's why I have little doubt about it.

I heard many good and bad reviews abt WP8. Which even made me more confused :-?.

I have some questions abt both the phones.

Is samsung galaxy s duos getting jelly bean update? is h/w of s duos good enough?

Is WP8 is good for mails chk, viewing attachments? i heard it doesn't have file manager?
Bluetooth file shearing? and many more....
If any wp8 phone user answer it, will be really helpful. :)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Galaxy S Duos is crap... total crap... A5 processor and Adreno 200 GPU? Total piece of sh*t...

Lumia 620 is better hardware wise...

But I wouldn't recommend WP8 over Android...

Sometimes, phones like Galaxy S Advance are available online on good offers. A few days ago, it was available on HomeShop18 for 12.5k. Get that phone if in your budget. Its a lot better than that piece of garbage trash Galaxy S duos...

EDIT: Check out *superdeals.homeshop18.com/

Galaxy S Advance is available, as are a few other phones... And as far as I know, Galaxy S Advance has received Jelly Bean update...

Shah

Cyborg Agent
hi guys,

I am bit confused abt which phone to choose (actually abt OS also), lumia 620 has good display,camera, overall good hardware package but software is little downside(only becoz of WP8). the other one galaxy s duos has single advantage of Android os.:-?

I never used windows phone that's why I have little doubt about it.

I heard many good and bad reviews abt WP8. Which even made me more confused :-?.

I have some questions abt both the phones.

Is samsung galaxy s duos getting jelly bean update? is h/w of s duos good enough?

Is WP8 is good for mails chk, viewing attachments? i heard it doesn't have file manager?
Bluetooth file shearing? and many more....
If any wp8 phone user answer it, will be really helpful. :)

As far as, E-mail integration is considered, WP8 is the best as per the reviews. BTW, In WP8 you can share files via bluetooth. Just go to a store and try both the devices back-to-back to get a clear idea on which OS to opt for.

Have you ever owned an Android phone? if no, then I think you won't feel the absence of android even after getting Lumia 620. It has bluetooth file transfer. Marketplace is growing. So it is a good choice.

Other options
Samsung S3 Mini i8190 Mobile with Seller warranty(Black/White/Blue Available) !! | eBay

DOW16: Brand New Original & Sealed Sony Xperia P - LT22i | eBay

Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 vs LG Optimus L7 II P715 vs Sony Xperia Sola vs Nokia Lumia 620: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com

LG Optimus L7 II seems a decent android phone.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes it doesn't have a file manager. IMO best will be to try both phones back to back at a local shop.

WP8 also has a memory bug which shows usage under other (not sure if Lumia 620 has it sorted out)

WP feels snappier to use than Android IMO.

Flash

Lost in speed
Yes it doesn't have a file manager. IMO best will be to try both phones back to back at a local shop.

WP8 also has a memory bug which shows usage under other (not sure if Lumia 620 has it sorted out)

WP feels snappier to use than Android IMO.

That will be rectified in the upcoming update for WP8.
Heard increasing space on "Other storage" is because of Skydrive synchronization set to ON (so that, contents will be sync'd in cloud, when you go Online). Disabling it will free you some space.

@OP: Are you eyeing only for L620 in WP8?

OP
User Name

User Name

In the zone
currently only lumia 620 is only in my budget.

I seen some andriod phones like galaxy s advance and xperias but most them are released in jun/July of 2012 :cry:
means they r already a year old :cry:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

I seen some andriod phones like galaxy s advance and xperias but most them are released in jun/July of 2012 :cry:

Galaxy S Advance has a dual core Cortex A9 processor and 768 MB RAM.

Galaxy S duos has a cortex A5 processor... which is half as fast as a Cortex A9...

Your choice in the end bro...

clickclick

Journeyman
+1 for galaxy s advance, JB 4.1 works like a charm on my friends phone

i have experienced heating issues on the lumia 520 while talking on the phone for just 2 mins, or even when i record a 1min video the mobile heats. The heating is limited only on the top half of the back

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

Considering your budget of 15k & Android Smartphone preference I would suggest you LENOVO P770
P Series Smartphones | Lenovosmartphones (IN)

Lenovo P770 - Full phone specifications

BTW Galaxy S advance is very good option. Try to source it through flashsale from indiatimes or homeshop18 superdeals.

For Windows 8 check Lumia 520 OR 620.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I have used both Android (LG Optimus One for 3 Years) and WP8 (recently switched to Nokia Lumia 620) and I can say both have their own perspective and both have their own pros and cons.

But keeping that generalized statement aside, I'm enjoying WP8 much better than Android. And I really don't miss anything on WP8 after using Android for 3 Years.

If you are an app junkie leave it and buy Android. But if you are not I must say most basic daily apps are there, even some great EA Games which are not on Android too.

One thing I'd like to mention, WP8 rocks below 15k mobile market, as any Android below that level is going to lag sometime.

Few Reasons I love WP are:
1. UI is awesome, I'm bored with Android common UI.
2. Touch Sensitivity, almost like iPhone, if you are coming from Android.
3. Smoothness, at some point Android is going to lag (below 15k).
4. City Lens, Camera Quality etc. as already said by others, the Hardware.
5. Games like Asphalt 7, Mirros Edge, NFS, AC etc. runs fine. This is same on Android too. So no comparison here.
6. Awesome battery life. It may be just 1350mAH, but will last a day with full day WiFi, 3 Hours of Data, 1 Hour of gaming, 2 Hours of Calling and Full Day SMS. (That's what I do). No android phone within 15k can give that much battery life.

And other features like Bluetooth File Transfer and all works perfectly fine.

Yes, WP8 misses File Manager. You can view the files from desired apps only. So non recognizable Files doesn't show up. But this is not a problem for me. As long as my work is getting done.

I may be wrong at some points, please correct me if I'm wrong. But what I stated is from my personal experience.

richartrick

Right off the assembly line
i suggest you Samsung Galaxy s dous is better than Nokia Lumia because high quality touch and android os and many more features comparison of Nokia Lumia. You can update easily lates Jolly bean with the help of Samsung Kies software.

nikufellow

In the zone
^^^wtf better touch :confused:
@op id go for l620 sduos ain't worth it btw if android is your choice consider s advance much better

clickclick

Journeyman
i suggest you Samsung Galaxy s dous is better than Nokia Lumia because high quality touch and android os and many more features comparison of Nokia Lumia. You can update easily lates Jolly bean with the help of Samsung Kies software.

in what way is galaxy s duos is better than galaxy s advance?

one should not consider s duos when u get s advance in the same price or by putting a extra few bucks

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Go for LG P715 - L7 II Dual. Lot better than crappy S duos.
LG Optimus L7 II Dual P715 - Full phone specifications
LG Optimus L7 II P715 - Buy LG Optimus L7 II P715 Online at Best Prices in India - LG: Flipkart.com

Also dont go for s advanced as it is having network disconnection issues.

Top Bottom