low space in Drive C

Status
Not open for further replies.

qadirahmed

Journeyman
Hello Everyone,

can any one help me to merge my primary [ c ] volume with any of my logical.. i tried acronis partition but i could not find the solution......

actually my drive c has 15gb which the all most full so im looking to merge it with other drive.. there is lots of free space....

i dont know the proper way how to do this.... this is the first time im trying to merge and to partition...... so i need ur help....

Plzzzzz guys help me in details.....

Thanks....

OP
Q

qadirahmed

Journeyman
pathiks said:
You ll have to keep atleast one primary partition...

sorry dude i didnt get u......... can u explain me in details......? plzzzz

using acronis partition am able to merge disc F and G but not the c and G....
what may be the reason.......?

slugger

Banned
AFAIKNorton's Partition Magic shud b able 2 merge active partitions

if is not able 2 do it den u can use Gnome Partition Editor to merge c: drive dat is ur active partition with any logical drive in ur extended partition d: e: f:......

u will probably have to use d live CD or d liveUSB 4 dis

HOW TO RESIZE PARTITION

Last edited:

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
or...1st try emptying c drive as much as possible, defragment it and then use any of the above mentioned s/w's..this cud work...

OP
Q

qadirahmed

Journeyman
slugger said:
u will probably have to use d live CD or d liveUSB 4 dis

*gparted.sourceforge.net/larry/resize/resizing.htm

Im so sorry dude as a newbie....... i dont know what is live CD or live USB can you tell me what is this.........? plz dude plz dont mind..... im really feeeling very guilty.... to say this....

slugger

Banned
qadirahmed said:
Im so sorry dude as a newbie....... i dont know what is live CD or live USB can you tell me what is this.........? plz dude plz dont mind..... im really feeeling very guilty.... to say this....

arre!!! no need to feel guilty yaar

every body is a n00b, even after havin 4000+ posts

liveCD is a bootable CD like d ones provided by DIGIT for their linux distro ....just pop in d CD and Linux starts running. that is Live CD

LiveUSB is is d same just that instead of CD u are using Flash drive (pen drive)

just go thru d instuctions carefully read it more than once if needed and den if u have ne queries post it here :)

but remember BACKUP UR DATA B4 U START RESIZING.....VERY....VERY IMP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom