Low end gaming pc

GoonerGamer

Broken In
Hi guys i am building a low budget gaming pc .below mentioned hardware's i already have

monitor --- lg lcd with max resolution of 1366x768(1 vga output)
motherboard --- asus m5a78l-m lx
ram --- cross-air 2 x4gb 1333mhz
processor --- amd fx 4100

but i wasn't able to buy a graphics card and psu as i am little confused . Which should i be buying gt640 or gt 440 or gt 520. Also suggest a cooler master psu within 2500. The maximum budget for a g-card is 6500 and nvidia only

thanks in advance

akky89

Journeyman
first of all IMO cooler master psu are not good... (at this price point)

i would suggest you go for
go for gtx 640 its better ( may i ask why nVidia only ? )

and as for psu
go for corsair vs450

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Get:
Sapphire HD6750 1GB DDR5 @6.9K
and
Corsair VS450 @2.2K

You won't get any good nvidia card at your budget, so its better to go with AMD.
And remember, Coolermaster PSUs which will be inside your 2.5K budget, are very bad.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@GoonerGamer
Get MSI R6770 for 6k.It performs better than gt640.

corsair vs450 @ 2.2k for PSU

OP
GoonerGamer

GoonerGamer

Broken In
can i get a link of a review of hd 6750 vs gt640
and @akky89 in nvidia i trust because 8600 has given a great service for 5 years and i loved it ..

panwala95

In the zone
no fxaa is a nvidia only technology
fxaa is not really aa
it just blurs the jaggies so that the user percieves it as aliased while consuming less power of the gpu.....

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@ GoonerGamer

Yes you can use fxaa on a radeon card.

For 6k the card to get is hd6770.

Quote from Engadget
Tom's Hardware found that the GT 640, as sold on an Afox board, trailed the Radeon HD 7750 (the old one, not even the newer 900MHz version) severely in Battlefield 3, with an average of 25fps versus 44fps at 1920 x 1080. It did better at Skyrim with the same settings, beating the cheaper 6670 and achieving a 32fps average -- but still lagging way behind a 48fps score from the 7750. Diablo III and DiRT 3 showed big disparities too, although both were still very much playable on the NVIDIA. The card ran cool and quiet, but overall this site concluded the card was "too expensive" and would need to drop to $85 in order to be competitive.

AnandTech came to a similar conclusion regarding a Zotac GT 640 card, praising temperature and power consumption but finding it to be a lot noisier than other alternatives and seriously tardy when it comes to actual gaming. The Radeon HD 7750 was around 10-30fps ahead at various resolutions in a number of titles, including Metro: 2033, DiRT 3, Shogun 2, and Arkham City. Overall, the GT 640 was condemned as "unremarkable if not flat-out bad" for gamers, but commended as one of the best low-end cards for HTPCs, thanks to its low-power credentials and ability to decode and output 4K.

Zotac GeForce GT 640 DDR3 Review:Anandtech

Nvidia GeForce GT 640 Review:tomshardware

Overall hd 7750 is much ahead of gt640 ddr3 in performance.hd7750 performance is nearly equal to hd 6770 or slightly less but uses almost half the power of hd 6770.
HD 7750 is available for around 6.8k.MSI R7750

panwala95

In the zone
no it is available for 8k in nehru place
only msi cyclone version costs 9k :facepalm:
p.s. besides it is out of stock in most places!

OP
GoonerGamer

GoonerGamer

Broken In
I am from kolkata so can anybody please tell me if hd 6750,6770,6850,7750 is available in chadni-chowk and how much will it cost me .

akky89

Journeyman
I am from kolkata so can anybody please tell me if hd 6750,6770,6850,7750 is available in chadni-chowk and how much will it cost me .

why do you buy something from chandni-chowk (i'm talking about PC components)
should buy them from nehru place...
but if you can get it cheep in chandni-chowk, well then it will not harm.. :p

Top Bottom