Low disk space

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey guyz i am using win xp home edition and i just formatted my hard drive and installed it clean with sp2 .. i made a 1.1 gb partition separately for the page file (virtual memory) .... as i am having 512 mb of ram so i set the page file size to 1030 mb and located it on the separate partition that i created specifically for it ..... now the problem is i keep getting low disk space messages frm windows about the page file partition .....also that particular partition does not get defragmented as defragmenter requires 15% free space to run of the total capacity.... i dont knw y this low disk message keeps popping up .... earlier while i was using win xp prof i had set my pagefile to 1024 mb and faced no such issues..... is it because of creating a separate partition for the pagefile ? wht can i do about this ?

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
mohit said:
is it because of creating a separate partition for the pagefile ? wht can i do about this ?

Maybe! You should delete that partition and keep pagefile on other partition. Use partition magic 8.0

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
I dont think making a seperate page file partition is a very good idea in windows. what i would recommend is if possible delete the seperate page file partition and merge it with the other partition where windows is not installed then make the page file on that partition. You may also try reducing the page file size to say 700MB for the time being and see if the error still comes.

krishnathelord

In the zone
i think that the error low disk message is due to low HDD space rather than that of low Virtual Memory.

So the soL. is that inCrease the size of partition on which XP is installed 8) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom