Low budget PC under 15K

Status
Not open for further replies.

montylee

Journeyman
My cousin needs to buy a PC. His maximum budget is 15K. The PC will be used for non-gaming purposes. Please suggest a good low-budget PC under 15K. The PC can be branded too.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
AMD Athlon64 3000+............4000........OR................. AMD Semptron64 2800........2500
ASUS A8N-VM ....................4000 ............................. ASUS K8N-VM...................3500
Transcend 512 MB ram..........2000
Samsung 15'' monitor............4000
VIP Caby+SMPS..................2000
Seagate 80GB HDD...............2000

Last edited:

shivkumar

>>>>>Monkey Power
you can cut some corners by selecting cabinet+smps of i-box or mercury cost ~ 1200/- and take 256 mb ram ~ 1300/- and obviously you need to go for sempron proc and k8n mobo

Pathik

Google Bot
In Intel
d101ggc 3500
intel p4 2.8ghz ht 4500
Generic 512 MB ddr ram..........1400
LG 15'' monitor............4000
IBox Cab+240 wSMPS..................1600
Seagate 80GB HDD...............1800
Artis speakers 400
kbd/mouse 800

OP
montylee

montylee

Journeyman
Hey, i think the following configuration looks good, although the budget is a little extended.

Monitor: Samsung 15 inch or Philips 17 inch: 4200
Motherboard: Gigabyte RS-482/Asus A8N VM-CSM: 3500
Processor: AMD 3000+: 4000
Hardisk: Seagate 80GB: 2200
RAM: Transcend DDR RAM (256MB): 1200
DVD Combo Drive: 1500
Cabinet + SMPS: 1200
UPS: 1200
Keyboard + Mouse + Speakers: 1000

Can anyone tell me the exact model no. of AMD 3000+ Venice Core?
Any suggestions for the above configuration?

Last edited:

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
I don't think A8N-VM CSM is 3.5k......its 4.5k I think...
Well since its a office PC a A8N-VM should do good....

go_gamez

In the zone
if its..an office..pc...its ok..but i think..u have another option..if u dont mind...ask u cus. to get a second hand...pc..not very old..(somewhat a year old..)..within 15k..and that too from a trusted..person having major parts under warranty..isnt it a good idea ??.. i think u will get a better config..than a brand new...
but only if u r cousin dsnt mind a second hand pc..

go_gamez

In the zone
for instance...u can go for a second hand pc sumthin like this :
P4 2.4 ghz. 1 mb L2 cache..
HIS 845 gvm-l mobo.with Agp slot.
512 mb DDR Ram...
80 gb seagate baracudda HDD.
GEforce Mx 4000 gfx card (which i dnt think u need)
i- cabinet. -keyboard-optical/laser mouse.
2.1 good spkrs..
17 "LG monitor.

BY the way...the above ..config..is of my pc..and i am planning to sell it but dont feel like..so u can look for something similar..or better at arnd 15k

sakumar79

Technomancer
Branded PCs are a bad option because they are not optimized in most cases... For eg, you will see a PC with the fastest CPU combined with 128 MB RAM in the branded PCs only... Also, branded CPUs dont give full specs of motherboard, etc, so you dont always know what is under the hood.

AMD Sempron 2800+ with ASUS motherbard (VIA chipset), 40 GB HDD, 256MB RAM, basic keyboard and PS/2 scroll mouse from Logitech, Samsung 15" colour monitor 591s, a CD Writer or Combo Drive or DVD Writer based on your requirement. This will probably be best non-gaming budget computer. The UPS can be a 0.5 kVA UPS (APC, Numeric, Microtek, etc).

Arun

OP
montylee

montylee

Journeyman
Hey, thanks everyone for ur invaluable inputs!
I went for some window shopping 2day for some branded PCs.
I think branded PCs are just 2 costly to fit in my cousin's budget.

I don't think my cousin would like to go for a 2nd hand PC.

Does anybody know the prices of the mobos mentioned below (in Delhi):

1) Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9
2) Foxconn Winfast 6100K8MA-RS
3) MSI K8NGM2-FID
4) Asus A8N-VM
5) MSI RS482M4-ILD

and which is the best among the above?

I am trying to buy him a socket AM2 processor and mobo if available. Please let me know the various mobos having AM2 socket. Here is one:

1) Asus M2NPV-VM

Kindly add AM2 mobos to the list including the prices.

Thanks in advance!!!

montylee said:
My cousin needs to buy a PC. His maximum budget is 15K. The PC will be used for non-gaming purposes. Please suggest a good low-budget PC under 15K. The PC can be branded too.

I just advice u that u better wait but never buy a low priced pc....personal experience.....it will have no market resell value moreover after 2-3 months u will definetly feel the need for an upgradation.

Again branded pc will be more costly...i bought 3-4 pcs till now for myself, they all r assembled. by assembling pcs, we can decide its configuration as per our need & it will definetly be cheaper than the same configuration in branded one.

OP
montylee

montylee

Journeyman
Finally got the PC for my cousin.

Here is the configuration and prices:

Monitor: Samsung 17 inch : 4700
Motherboard: MSI K8NGM2-IL: 4000
Processor: AMD 3000+: 3700
Hardisk: Samsung 80GB SATA-II: 2400
RAM: Spectek DDR 333MHz RAM (256MB): Free (i had a spare one)
LG DVD Combo Drive: 1300
Navtech Cabinet + 400W/450W SMPS: 1200
UPS: 1300
Keyboard + Optical Mouse: 450
Creative SBS 2.1 Speakers: 1200
Floppy Drive: 225
Bluetooth Port: 250

Total Price: 20, 725

Any comments!!!

sakumar79

Technomancer
Just a couple of comments on the config.
1. MSI is generally good, but personally I would recommend ASUS for quality assurance...
2. 256 MB RAM is minimum, preferably upgrade to 512 MB RAM
3. Basic Optical Mouse offered by Logitech or other brands are in general not that great... I would recommend basic PS/2 scroll mouse over optical mouse.
4. If you are going for non-gaming PC but will be listening to music, I will recommend Altec Lansing over Creative. Altec Lansing 121i will be a good choice...

Arun

OP
montylee

montylee

Journeyman
sakumar79 said:
Just a couple of comments on the config.
1. MSI is generally good, but personally I would recommend ASUS for quality assurance...
2. 256 MB RAM is minimum, preferably upgrade to 512 MB RAM
3. Basic Optical Mouse offered by Logitech or other brands are in general not that great... I would recommend basic PS/2 scroll mouse over optical mouse.
4. If you are going for non-gaming PC but will be listening to music, I will recommend Altec Lansing over Creative. Altec Lansing 121i will be a good choice...

Arun

Well, i have already bought the PC for my cousin, but thanks anyway for ur suggestions.

Well, the MSI board had a better sound and i had heard some complaints about Asus boards with Nvidia 6150 chipset.
I had a spare 256 RAM and since the RAM prices are soaring high and my cousin's budget was limited, i had to settlt fror 256MB. I'll definitely suggest my cousin to upgrade the RAM when the prices are back to normal.

pathiks said:
and i thot u needed a 15k pc .. Nd 4 office work a 15" monitor wd be ok 4 abt 4k

Ya, the initial budget was 15K, and the monitor which my cousin bought was a 15'' one. But then he wasn't satisfied with a 15" screen and i told him to go for a 17" monitor for just Rs. 1000 extra. I went to see the monitor yesterday, and i must say that his extra 1000 bucks were well spent.
Also, he wanted to buy a 2.1 speaker set instead of cheap ones, so the budget stretched a bit.

But, overall i think the end product looks quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom