Low budget gaming rig.

acewin

Point Blanc
@minion, I am using core i5 based laptop which has 2 cores, I am able to run 3-4 VMs very easily, IMO, if proccy is good you can run VMs quiet decently only you need more RAM.
Said that, I was pointing towards marketing strategies which has made intel more popular; beside their actual performance.

about OP's upgrade,as I pointed out earlier, he needs upgrade of RAM, gfx card and a PSU, e7200 can play games very well, you need support of good gfx card. his budget is 19K as of now, getting core i5 now and gfx card later will not provide much of a benefit

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^Nope.Laptop/mobile i5 processors=2C/4T i.e they have 2 real cores and 2 hyper-threaded cores....4 logical cores in total.

Minion

Conversation Architect
^^ Thanks for pointing me out.I was thinking how Intel can manage such a low TDP with 4 real cores.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^Agree with you on virtualization thing.For intensive VM workloads(like running multiple VMs simultaneously) a quad core phenomII x4 960t would be better than a dual core i3 2100.
TDP is just an indication,not a true measurement of actual power consumption.Even though trinity a10-4600m,i5 3210m,i7 3612qm all have rated TDP of 35Watts,the a10 consumes lesser power than i5 in gaming and browsing.The quad core i7 3612qm consumes significantly more power than i5 3210m in heavier workloads.

Top Bottom