Low budget Gaming Laptop < 25k

sbhas2k

Broken In
Budget : <=25k

Primary Usage: Download rig, and Watching HD movies, Photo & video Editing & Finally Games at lower resolution ;)

I have zeroed on Asus X42JY with Pentium dual core P6200, 2GB Ram, 500 GB HD & Ati Mobility Radeon Hd 6470 (1GB)... any other alternative at this price point ?

Basically i would be using for a year and at max 2... Infact i was searching for secondhand, but due to various TE member suggestion, planning for a budget gaming lappy..

No preference over brand nor screen size..

Thanks in advance..

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
At 25k you cant get a Gaming Laptop. And i dont think that lappy will be enough to handle games and IMO the GPU is not powerful at all.
Better you spend the 25k on a PC. At this budget you can get much better downloading cum Gaming RIG.

OP
S

sbhas2k

Broken In
^ understand that buddy, but i do occasional games at lower resolution not a daily thing.. I checked the GPU at notebookcheck.net and most of the games are playable at lower resolution..

AMD Radeon HD 6470M - Notebookcheck.net Tech

Also edited my post.. No to PC for sure buddy..

saswat23

Human Spambot
Its your call now. If you think you are satisfied with the lappy, you can go for it.

Let others comment about this.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Better wait for AMD A4 and A6 based laptops to hit the market. A4 laptops are expected to be around 30k.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Photo and Video editing will suck with P6200.
If editing is more important than gaming, I would get a better CPU.

OP
S

sbhas2k

Broken In
Checked review of P6200 and it's much faster than core2duo, then it should suffice photo & video editing right ?

Intel Pentium P6200 Vs Core 2 Duo T7400

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Both these CPUs are from 2007-8.

This has an i3 2310M which is twice as fast as either of those you mentioned.(But only an Intel card)
Flipkart.com: Toshiba Satellite C Series C640-I4010: Computer

Gaming wise it will be 30% slower.

OP
S

sbhas2k

Broken In
Not really.. P6200 is basically i3 processor without hyperthreading

Intel Pentium P6200 Vs Core i3-330M

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
I'm not talking about i3 330M, am I?

Core i3-330M Vs Sandy Bridge Core i3-2310M
The Sandy Bridge Core i3-2310M clearly outperforms the similarly clocked Core i3-330M.

And HT is useful for video editing.

OP
S

sbhas2k

Broken In
Guys.. How abt this..

It will come to around 27 to 28k i guess...

Buy HP Pav g4 1010TX LN402PA ACJ at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Top Bottom