Low broadband conection speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

surinder

Tech addict
Hi guys,
I'm using BSNL HOME 500 COMBO plan which should give me 2Mbps=256KBps speed but ever since I connected my plan four months ago I couldn't cross 200KBps=1.56Mbps mark.

I'm just half a KM away from the exchange and one of my friend which uses the same plan 2KMs further away from exchange getting up to 240KBps. My phone line is perfectly fine giving no distortion what so ever.

Both of us mainly use u torrent for downloading and Zamunda site which a ratio free site.

what could be the problem and what are the solutions in all the different possible scenarios in my case.

amitash

Intel OCer
open ur browser... Type 192.168.1.1... Type username and password both as admin.... Look for something called snr margin, this must be above 12... If its not, call bsnl and have them fix it.... I have an snr of 22db and i get 300kbps

OP
surinder

surinder

Tech addict
Ya I already have cheacked that, no problems there.

I'm getting SNR margin downstream 25.3 and upstream 23.0. The Attenuation downstream is 17.5 and upstream is 5.2.

amitash

Intel OCer
Oh that seems very good.... What i did was bribe my telephone line man to give me a line with the least traffic... He did that and since then ive gotten 300+ speeds all the time..

OP
surinder

surinder

Tech addict
Very good idea but I'm only the third user from newly build exchange with very few connections in total.

And keep that in mind my friend which is 1.5 KM further away from me to exchange( 2 KM in total I'm just 0.5KM from exchange) getting far better speed from me.

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
he is taking about telephone line and not exchange.
Anyhow what max speed are you getting at a time. Contact BSNL guys in exchange and tell them that speed never goes above 256KBps (30KBps), if you are gettin only 256KBps and not upto 2MBps then something in the exchange would be blocking your speed to go above that. They would have limited the speed.

OP
surinder

surinder

Tech addict
he is taking about telephone line and not exchange.
Anyhow what max speed are you getting at a time. Contact BSNL guys in exchange and tell them that speed never goes above 256KBps (30KBps), if you are gettin only 256KBps and not upto 2MBps then something in the exchange would be blocking your speed to go above that. They would have limited the speed.

You are taking it in a wrong way I'm just telling that there are no big count of connections in total at this new exchange so there should not huge traffic on any given line.

I'm getting 200KBps at max by any kind of downloading. Here is my speedtest.net result.

*www.speedtest.net/result/418488387.png

And who told you that BSNL persons are so kind that they are giving us 2MBps speed.

I shell be very much satisfied if they give me up to 256KBps in mine "Home combo 500 c plan. And I well understand the fact that it is not possible all the times but at least I should get better what I'm getting right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom