Not open for further replies.
hi guys i have so many question to ask so i am combining them here
my system is
c2d 6750 2.66
g33 mobo
ram 4 gb(dynet)(2X2)
hdd is of 250 gb
window xp sp3

1.when ever i am trying to boot my computer is safe mode it started loading but while loading some file gone missing or else type of error came and system halted....my window is running perfectly and i dont wana format it so any way to correct it??

2.i want to know about my hard drive and ram more like hdd buffer and all so plz tell me how to know it as i have a software namely cpu-z and it showing me dram frequency 333.3 mhz....what does that means??my frnd told me that my ram is of dynet n its timing is 5-5-5-15......what does it mean

(i have asked for 800 mhz to my computer mechanic....seeing all this i am getting suspicious that he have given me below standard part...now i wana more about hdd and ram like which is considred as a best ram/hdd and why...what are the criteria and all...plz give link or tell)

3.i have two dvd of vista one has only X86 version of vista and other has both x64 and x86.......when i installed x86 in sun java virtual box it shows me that its 32 bit opreating system in welcome centre...why??

when i tried to install other dvd of x64 it says that my system is not compatible.....i wana know it can install 32bit n even 86 bit why cant be 64 bit???

4. i wana buy another hdd for my desktop(and ram too if that one will comes out to be below standard)....what should be my criteria as i wana know what to keep in mind before buying new hard disk or ram...i dont wana high end but wana some decent waith 7200 rpm...i will make my budget then..no size limitation but atleast more than 250gb and fast...for ram i wana faster ram then my current ram and thats too 4 gb

plz tell me price also

5.is there any mobo which can give me good performance both in gaming and video editing as my current mobo is taking more than an hour to complete 700 mb rip by auto gk as my frnd told me that g 33 is slower board which is slowing down your procci also

6.can any one tell me what should be the selling price for my current proci and ram..they are just 5-6 month old and not that much used from 3-4 months

thanks

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) Try to repair Windows xp using xp CD. *pcsupport.about.com/od/operatingsystems/ss/instxprepair1.htm explains the process to do repair install. It will not effect your apps installed or HDD data
2) You can use Sisoft Sandra or Everest ultimate to get that data.
3) Because it scanned the boot sector of Active HDD
4) you processor is a 64bit processor. Why do you want to install vista so many times. Each install eats up 20gig of hdd space. Better keep two installs. x86 and x64 and XP
5) No need to change mobo. Get a decent Graphics card and then think of mobo upgrade (if necessary). Get 9600gt for 6k or HD4850 for 9k.
6) There is no need to sell your existing hardware. Just get a good GPU.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
1. More details. We cannot help if you get "some type of error"
2. Read them up on wikipedia, or just google the terms and you can find lots of articles or guides.
3. x86 = 32 bit. x64 = 64 bit. Again, wikipedia. AFAIK x64 guest can only be used on x64 host.
4. Latest prices at www.theitdepot.com

OP
A

ashishstillthere

Journeyman
thanks dheeraj and desibond for your reply

everests software has solved my problem regarding hdd but i am not be able to know my ram speed....i wana check its speed in mhz as i am in thought that it is of 800mhz

what do you think dynet is good brand or not??and how to overclock them to make them faster

you processor is a 64bit processor. Why do you want to install vista so many times. Each install eats up 20gig of hdd space. Better keep two installs. x86 and x64 and XP
bro i have managed to get two dvd so i am testing them in virtual machine that they are in perfect condition or not.....i noticed them on virtual machine as you told me that my proci is of 64 bit then why i am not able to install vista 64 bit version? and that x86 is running fine

i wana buy another hdd for my desktop(and ram too if that one will comes out to be below standard)....what should be my criteria as i wana know what to keep in mind before buying new hard disk or ram...
what about this??i think mine is ata hdd plz tell me what is this ata n sata hdd

5.is there any mobo which can give me good performance both in gaming and video editing as my current mobo is taking more than an hour to complete 700 mb rip by auto gk and my frnd told me that g 33 is slower board which is slowing down your procci also

is it true???can you suggest me a good mobo which is the best for gaming+video editing and all in todays date

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
what about this??i think mine is ata hdd plz tell me what is this ata n sata hdd
*ezinearticles.com/?ATA-vs-SATA&id=8599

Everest can probably tell you what type it is. If it doesnt, google pics of sata and ata connectors and check which one you have inside your cabinet. They are different in appearence.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
what do you think dynet is good brand or not??and how to overclock them to make them faster

Dynet is not a great brand. I prefer not to overclock this brand's RAM.

There are two types of HDD's. Sata (data transfer in serial mode) and pata (data transfer in parallel mode)

SATA offers advantages over the older parallel ATA interface: primarily faster data transfer, the ability to remove or add devices while operating (hot swapping) (only when the operating system supports it), thinner cables that let air-cooling work more efficiently, and more reliable operation.

Get SATA HDD if you want new harddisk and get one that has 32Mb buffer. what is your budget for new HDD

is it true???can you suggest me a good mobo which is the best for gaming+video editing and all in todays date

As I said earlier, you do need to get a better GPU. The chipset on G33 is for casual users and even if you get a better mobo, you have to purchase a Graphics card.

IF you have money to spend, get MSI P45 Neo.-F + Palit HD4850 (5.5k + 9k). My suggestion to you is to first get Palit HD4850 and then get new mobo if necessary

You do have a decent configuration and you are feeling that the system is slow just because of slow video rip. YOu won't find much difference between 667MHz RAM and 800MHz RAM.

Stick to the config that you have right now and get additional HDD and HD4850 GPU. The difference will be visible rightaway. Don't waste your money by falling into false assumptions.

Coming to 64-bit OS installation, see if there is any setting in BIOS to enable EM64T (64bit extension). I saw the same in HP X4300 desktop's Intel motherboard.

2.i want to know about my hard drive and ram more like hdd buffer and all so plz tell me how to know it as i have a software namely cpu-z and it showing me dram frequency 333.3 mhz....what does that means??my frnd told me that my ram is of dynet n its timing is 5-5-5-15......what does it mean

That means the RAM speed is 667 MHz (DDR means Dual Data Rate. 333.3 x2 = 666.6)
5-5-5-15 correspond to RAM timings

*www.overclock.net/intel-memory/9981-ram-timing-explained.html

Last edited:
OP
A

ashishstillthere

Journeyman
thansk to all for your valuable suggestion

now i have make up my mind for getting a new hdd and the go for a gpu

mine budget is around 4-5k minor ups can be possible

everest shows that mine hdd is
WDC WD2500AAJS-00VWA0 (WD-WMARW0433314)
that is listed under ata device...mine mobo is intel g 33 so according to dheeraj link i wana go for sata hdd..

now considering all this plz suggest me a new hdd compatible with my mobo+ata hdd

i wana one thing....i have heard a lot that desktop hdd can be made protable...plz tell me how to do that...i wana that new hdd to be portable some time so that i can transfer a lot of data from my hostel computer to my home computer

regarding mobo can you plz suggest me a mobo with best on board graphic card for my future reference(i think i will prefer hybrid solution in future)

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
the HDD you have is SATA.

get seagate 500 GB (32 MB Buffer) for 3.5k. Best performer.

UPS: get APC 650VA for 3k-3.5k. Don't fall for cheapo brands like mercury, intex. Also chcek for TVSE UPS.

mobo: If you want best out of mobo go for P45 chipset (no onboard GPU).

MSI P45 Neo-F, ASUS P5Q pro (crossfire enabled, can put two ati GPUs in one mobo)

afaik, best mobo with onboard GPU seems to be XFX 630i for 3k.

PS: All HDD's on earth right now use ATA.

OP
A

ashishstillthere

Journeyman
What are the negatives ??

So far I just went over the positives, so that doesn’t mean that, it doesn’t have any negative points… Lets quickly go through the negative ones…

No Dual Channel support… This is a big let down which in terms may and will harm the system’s over all performance…

Only 2 RAM Slot…. With ever increasing hunger of applications for RAMs, just 2 slot is certainly not enough !!!

No Official Linux or Server 2003 / 2008 support…

Driver CD not coming with PDF of manual…

what about all this negative point...can you plz xplain me

model no?

what about all this negative point...can you plz xplain me

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hmm. afaik, G33 supports dual channel memory. and two slot is enough. max that we use is 4gig and each slot supports 2gig.

what is the modle number of your mobo. (full model number)

DG33FB: The Intel® Desktop Board DG33FB Classic Series is built in the ATX form factor, supporting a range of processors including the Intel® Core™2 Quad processor and Intel® Core™2 Duo processor. This board can support up to 8 GB of dual channel DDR2 800/667 MHz SDRAM

Last edited:
OP
A

ashishstillthere

Journeyman
No Dual Channel support…
means???

mine mobo is DG33FB
Motherboard ID DPP3510J.86A.0293.2007.1002.1519
.....if you wana know more detail then tell me ho to know that it everest home edition

any detail regarding this hard disk and like model and all

and can you tell me from where i can get HD4850 in delhi and which brand to go for as i am getting review of its being xtremely hot gpu

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Intel says that DG33FB supports dual channel. so don't worry about that.

hdd:Seagate ST3500320AS or ST3500620AS. Both have 32Mb buffer.

OP
A

ashishstillthere

Journeyman
hdd:Seagate ST3500320AS or ST3500620AS. Both have 32Mb buffer
they can be made portable or not??
if yes then plz tell me how+cost

any 750 gb hdd...with all that feature?

UPS: get APC 650VA for 3k-3.5k. Don't fall for cheapo brands like mercury, intex. Also chcek for TVSE UPS.
i have promax 650VA...is that all right

and the mobo you suggested have no dual channl support so can you suggest any other mobo with gud on board GPU+hybrid(if possible)

and regarding hd 4850 for which i should go for???palit or else

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. you need to get something like this: *www.techtree.com/India/Reviews/Tech-Com_35-inch_HDD_Casing/551-78689-611.html

first and foremost, get Palit HD4850.

Do the ripping etc, compare the results and then we can discuss about mobo.

PS: There is no mobo for Intel that has powerful onboard GPU.

coming to Hybrid graphics, you can't make a card like HD4850/4870 setup in hybrid graphics mode. If you setup hybrid graphics between a onboard GPU and a powerful card (which is not possible. hybrid graphics need a PCIe graphics card that has similar config to onboard GPU), the powerful card will downclock itself to onboard or second card's GPU.

So, forget about onboard GPU and hybrid graphics for now.

If you want a powerful setup, get yourself MSI P45 Neo-F or ASUS P5Q Pro along with Palit HD4850.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Bangalore SP Road and computer warehouse.

Palit's price at the max will be 9.5k

You better check with some other dealer in Delhi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom