lost HDD partition after installing openSUSE 11.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 26636

i have an 80gb(usable 74.6gb) IDE hdd..it already had windows xp installed on a 15gb partition. it also had a 31gb partition & the rest was free unpartitioned space.i tried to install opensuse 11.0(following nucleuskore's brilliant tutorial) & when i came to the point where i had to create the partitions i chose 4.5gb for swap..8gb as ext3 but when i trird to create the third partition for /home it said ''cannot create partition as there are already a maximum number of extended partitions''...not knowing what to do..i deleted my 31gb partition, created an 11gb partition for /home & installed opensuse..after the installation was complete i booted into windows xp to create a partition in the 31gb space i had deleted earlier.in disk management i got the following data--
xp pro sp2(c:)
15.00gb NTFS
healthy(boot)
4.50gb
healthy(unknown partition)
11.00gb
healthy(unknown partition)
8.00gb
healthy(active)
32.52gb
unallocated
3.50gb
unallocated
the 4.5gb, 8gb, & 11.0gb are my opensuse partitions..when i right click on the 32.52gb unallocated space the "create new partition" option is greyed out & i cannot create a partition..how do i recover the lost 32gb of space?:(

BTW..Digit provided a ubuntu desktop training manual a few months back..is there any such open suse training manual?

paroh

Padawan
If partiton is deleted or corrupt but data in that partiton is not owerwritten u can use this software to re-create that partiton whithout any data lost

Partition.Table.Doctor

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

well i'll give the software a try but i want to know why this happened in the first place?why was i not able to create the third partition 0f 11.0gb during openSUSE installation?

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
You can create a maximum of only 4 Primary partitions in a HDD.
The alternative method is to create 3 Primary Partitions and 1 Extended Partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom