Lost 12GB space!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

baby_grandma

Right off the assembly line
There's Unaccounted 12Gb in the boot drive of my computer.
there arent any bad sectors in my hard drive,but still after reloading win XP again,the lost space is....ummm...still lost out sumwhr.:rolleyes:
can ne1 help???

OP
B

baby_grandma

@ravi_9793...yep,i tried it but it just shows the total space of the partition where i have the problem...what do i do aftr dat bro???:confused:

@infra_red_dude...yeah,its a branded acer laptop bro.
working just fyne...except for the space problem dat is!!!:confused:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
baby_grandma said:
@ravi_9793...yep,i tried it but it just shows the total space of the partition where i have the problem...what do i do aftr dat bro???:confused:
Right click on unused space/raw space-->>there you will get the option to use it -->>follow the wiwaz -->>choose the type of format(FAT/NTFS)-->.assign partition name and letter.-->>Done

OP
B

baby_grandma

@ravi_9793...this can be done only with the unpartitioned space bro.
one drive of mine is 30GB...but i can only fill it up with 18GB...i juzz cudnt find where the rest 12Gb was!!!:confused:

casual_gamer

In the zone
Usually laptops reserve some space for factory backup, so that u can restore to factory settings if something happens. i am getting a feeling that you are trying to recover that space :)

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Even branded computer reserve soem space for factory backup.And in that case you cant do anything.

As you have mentioned earlier in this thread, that you have branded computer..than I will suggest you to call customer care.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
^^ Rightly said, most of the branded computers have their OS backed up. For example if your windows XP crashes, you can recover it within a press of few buttons. All this happens with the help of what ever is backed up in that partition. And this partition won't be usable. Unless you don't want to take the chance of loosing your genuine copy of the OS, you can always go ahead and repartion it. Because once you delete that partition, expect very less technical support from the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom