Looking for mobile <30k but for my requirements

terrafield

Broken In
Hi

I'm looking for my new mobile under 30k. But I'm looking for small mobile (as small as possible) with the fallowing requirements

Fast, Responsive UI with Zero lag
720p video recording
front camera

I had xperia x10 mini previously. I liked it very much but unfortunately mobile is not working now. I'm preferring another mobile which is as small as possible but with good features

I'm considering xperia ray but I heard that Ray has poor touch screen response. sometimes we may have to double tap the screen (but not sure if its true)

I was using galaxy ace for some time (just to get the feel of the size) but I feel that's the maximum dimension (length and width) which I can handle

Is there any other mobile which ticks all the above box?

Thanks
terrafield

noob

Cyborg Agent
Don't get any smartphone < 3.7 Inch screen.
For the budget you mentioned, you will always find phones > 3.7 Inch.

IMO, 4 Inch is perfect for a smartphone.

In 30K, You can get a HTC Sensation or Galaxy S2. or even a Nokia Lumia 800 WP (OS Sucks tho)

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Don't get any smartphone < 3.7 Inch screen.
For the budget you mentioned, you will always find phones > 3.7 Inch.

IMO, 4 Inch is perfect for a smartphone.

In 30K, You can get a HTC Sensation or Galaxy S2. or even a Nokia Lumia 800 WP (OS Sucks tho)

Really? I thought it should be " The OS rocks ".

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Every tech website is singing praises for the Galaxy S2. You should get it. I have personally handled it for only 5 minutes, but it was very good.

aroraanant

Explorer
A smartphone should have screen size of min 3.5" and max of 4.3"
And within your budget you will surely get a 8mp camera with FULL HD(1080) video recording.
Here everyone will suggest you SGSII which is indeed a very nice phone but I would suggest to go for HTC Sensation XE(not the old sensation) for 30-31k.
Or if you want a simple small n compact phone with loads of feature then you can also have a look at iphone 4

OP
T

terrafield

Broken In
Thanks a lot for your inputs and suggestions

I'm really concerned about the size. I don't know why all high end phones are coming with such a large dimensions or I think I'm used to small mobiles (sony ericsson w810i and now xperia x10 mini). Big phones are difficult to keep in pocket, and difficult to type sms

Defy+ looks attractive as the size is perfect. But in specs it states that HD video recording is not available. Is there any work around to atleast get 720p recording?

Also In all samsung, motorola and LG phones I don't see vanilla android which I like it very much

Is it possible to remove custom UI and have default android for say Defy+?

Thanks again for your inputs

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Thanks a lot for your inputs and suggestions

I'm really concerned about the size. I don't know why all high end phones are coming with such a large dimensions or I think I'm used to small mobiles (sony ericsson w810i and now xperia x10 mini). Big phones are difficult to keep in pocket, and difficult to type sms

Defy+ looks attractive as the size is perfect. But in specs it states that HD video recording is not available. Is there any work around to atleast get 720p recording?

Also In all samsung, motorola and LG phones I don't see vanilla android which I like it very much

Is it possible to remove custom UI and have default android for say Defy+?

Thanks again for your inputs

Defy+ looks ugly... the original Defy was a lot better.

Also, you can replace the launcher on any of the phones to get an almost stock Android experience. TouchWiz 4 is not very intrusive. You can always install Gingerbread Launchers from the market.

I personally use Go Launcher Ex with Honeycomb Theme on my LG Optimus One...

I would still recommend Galaxy S2 over any other phone considering your budget.

If you would prefer a smaller phone, then HTC Desire S would be awesome too... Defy+ is not recommended...

Cheers!

Kvishal

In the zone
Defy+ looks ugly... the original Defy was a lot better.

Also, you can replace the launcher on any of the phones to get an almost stock Android experience. TouchWiz 4 is not very intrusive. You can always install Gingerbread Launchers from the market.

I personally use Go Launcher Ex with Honeycomb Theme on my LG Optimus One...

I would still recommend Galaxy S2 over any other phone considering your budget.

If you would prefer a smaller phone, then HTC Desire S would be awesome too... Defy+ is not recommended...

Cheers!

Kudos to you ! That is so well said and well guided. That is perfect example on how a newbie has to be advised on the stuff he wishes to but but wants some advice or opinion. I wish everyone here starts guiding people the way you have...This place would rock (Not that it is not at the moment :) ) But would be lot more Fun !

Good Job !

Cheers !

OP
T

terrafield

Broken In
Thanks AndroidFan for your inputs

I just checked another mode 'Galaxy W'. Dimensions are similar to Desire S and Xperia Neo v. Even features are almost same

I'm thinking to drill down to these 3 phones (Xperia Neo V, Desire S and Galaxy W)

Can anyone tell me which is the best in terms of the fallowing?

Reliability (Heard that SE phones are nowadays with more problems but not sure)
Display (as Galaxy w and Desire s has S-LCD and Neo has Bravia display)

Kvishal

In the zone
Yeah...Just like the TV AD says :hyper:

Phone ? Tablet ? Feel Free ! :-o

But is too huge to carry in your pocket ! :cry:

kbar1

Journeyman
Since size is your top priority, im gonna suggest se xperia mini pro. It has a 5mp camera, 720p video recording, and qwerty keypad. If you can make do without keypad, then there's xperia mini.

But i still think, if you can spend up to 30k, get a "proper" high end smartphone.

Top Bottom