Looking for an inverter..

moniker

Broken In
I need an inverter for home for minimal needs.. It should power 2 lights, 2 fans, a laptop and a wifi router.
600VA with 150Ah batteries would be more than enough? Would need backup for 2 hours.
Budget: 6-7k. Suggestions please.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Two tube lights-80w ( one tube light 40w)
2 fans -200w ( might vary, if speed reduced)
Laptop-100w( check your power brick)
Router-15w ( max, might be less)
Will be totalling around 400w

You need 800va inverter as
800x0.6( efficiency) = 480w
The efficiency depends on several factors and the value might change.
For example, if efficiency is 0.8 or 0.9( depends on quality of inverteter) you can connect more lights or fans or even a tv

Your budget won't be enough
I recently got exide it500 at 14k it gives 3.5 hrs at full load
And you should buy sine wave inverter

OP
M

moniker

Broken In
Thanks for your inputs! If I take the laptop out if the equation, I can manage with 600VA then? The power cuts are scheduled and are for 2 hours, so I think I can manage with the laptop's battery. And without the laptop pure sine wave might not be necessary.

I can't stretch the budget much though.:( Maybe up to 10k. Su-kam with exide would give good efficiency?

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Thanks for your inputs! If I take the laptop out if the equation, I can manage with 600VA then? The power cuts are scheduled and are for 2 hours, so I think I can manage with the laptop's battery. And without the laptop pure sine wave might not be necessary.

I can't stretch the budget much though.:( Maybe up to 10k. Su-kam with exide would give good efficiency?

You should Call different inverter dealers and get a price quote...
I saw a website "inverterupsinfo" India, google it, you can ask your doubts and chat with them(or him)

Efficiency depends on inverter and varies by manufacturer

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
For example, My amaron 800va Inverter powers 500w after that it will say overload
Load is 2pc's one printer and rest others are cfl

OP
M

moniker

Broken In
Ok, thanks again! I'll take a closer look at the power ratings of my appliances, look up the efficiencies provided by various manufacturers and then take a call.

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!
I run 2 Fans and 2 Tube lights with an Wifi Router For 4Hours Without any problem with 850Va Inverter with 180Ah Battery. I Never Faced 4Hour Power Cut Since i Purchased Inverter. I wantedly Tested once and Could Run it For 4Hours Without Issues.
I could also Run an 1light and 1 Fan for 9Hours (Entire Night) Just when i Tested.
and Regarding Running 2F,2L and Wifi Router which consumes less than 2-3W For 2 Hours. Its Possible with 650Va Inverter and 150Ah battery but Your Budget is too low.

Price have Jacked up From Last year and 650va with battery will cost any where between 11k-12k

shreymittal

Being Human
Re: Post your latest Purchase

You can select Okaya Tabular battery will be more VFM. And your budget is too low for a 600va inverter + battery pack
I'm currently using microtek 600va inverter + 150amp okaya battery my requirements are different than yours. Here electricity trips for 5 mins and then backup startup.

Last edited:
Top Bottom