Looking for a Rs. 3000 smartphone.

Chetan1991

Youngling
Want to buy a simple smartphone for a cousin for 3k. I was thinking of going second hand route, but found lots of smartphones at even that price, such as this one.

*ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41iN9IwDD4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

3.15 MP primary camera and 0.3MP front facing camera.
4-inch TFT capacitive touchscreen with 480 x 320 pixels resolution
Android v2.3 Ginger Bread operating system with 1 GHz processor, 256MB RAM, expandable memory up to 32GB and dual SIM
1400mAH battery providing talk-time upto 4 hours and standby time upto 250 hours on 2G networks

Thought that'll make her happier than a plain feature phone. So what's the best in the range?

P.S. Filling the questionnaire seems stupid as the answer to majority of Q.s is "any".

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
I say, you better buy a normal phone.
Smartphones in these price range fall very hard.. This is my opinion by the way

Get Nokia asha..

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
you can get only micromax , Karbon , Intex smartphones in that range.
my advice would be to better have something better like Nokia x2-01
its within your budget and classy as well.

- - - Updated - - -

or if its not within your budget, get this: Nokia 225

P. S. i'm not a nokia fan but this is what i could find in the reliable sector. :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
DON'T go for such lowend android. ancient version of android, too low amount of ram, really weak processor and poor display. instead check one of those Nokia phones powered by Asha platform. Nokia has really been hard at work and at least whatever Nokia added works without feeling broken unlike this one.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
my lenovo a369i , purchased at 4.5k, is pretty good. u can look into it

yep.
lenovo phones are much better, and the lag is very less than the similarly priced and spec-ed micromax/karbon/intex/lava/and whatever phones

myself used two lenovo phones (a60+ (still working great) and a690 (lost it in a cab)(absolutely no lag while using apps less than 18-20 MB)

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
^ Similarly my lenovo a269i is just excellent - bought it for 4000, now its at 3225. I can't find a single fault in it , RAM maybe low, but it never lags. voice quality is perfect, has all the features (except a good camera, but in this budget...), display is good enough . And also one more suggestion - don't go blindly for the 'latest' version of android. getting and old 2.3.6 android has its own advantages (thoroughly tested, faster at low configuration)

Lenovo A269i Price in India - Buy Lenovo A269i Black Online - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
^ Similarly my lenovo a269i is just excellent - bought it for 4000, now its at 3225. I can't find a single fault in it , RAM maybe low, but it never lags. voice quality is perfect, has all the features (except a good camera, but in this budget...), display is good enough . And also one more suggestion - don't go blindly for the 'latest' version of android. getting and old 2.3.6 android has its own advantages (thoroughly tested, faster at low configuration)

Lenovo A269i Price in India - Buy Lenovo A269i Black Online - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

100% true my friend. My Karbonn A5 (RIP) was quite smooth with 1 Ghz single core and 512 mb ram on Android 2.3.6. That was a very light os i feel. I had considered a269i as well before purchasing a369i. But i wanted atleast a 4 inch screen to watch movies streamed from my pc at night.

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
So I guess it comes down to Lenovo A269i vs Micromax A58.

*ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4109sN1FKeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg VS *img5a.flixcart.com/image/mobile/k/p/s/lenovo-a269i-400x400-imadpxz8svzbz8yw.jpeg

Lenovo is a more reputed brand but the phone has only 256 MB RAM and stuck on Android 2.3. MMX a58 has 512 MB RAM and comes with Jelly Bean, but its MMX.
Both seem to have the same SOC and feature set and both have good reviews. Are Lenovo and Mmx's service centers established in II and III tier cities?

Nokia 230's reviews aren't good. It is feature-poor and laggy.

Last edited:

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
I personally feel if the person who intends to use the phone has no use for high end features and latest OS and graphics intensive games,there is no shame in buying the sub 4K androids.
If your usage is mainly playing some videos listening to music and surfing the web, these phones would be capable.

better to go for a new phone than a 2nd hand one when gifting to somebody. :)

Top Bottom