Looking for a Mobo / Processor recommendation

rahulbasu

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Chrome; Photoshop - upto 2GB files

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 20k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 - have a licence

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: I have enough - 128 MB SSD, 2 TB HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I have a 21.5" 1920x1080 resolution LCD monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: My motherboard (ASUS P8H61-LX-R2) and processor (Intel Celeron G530) died. I have everything else - Deepcool tessaract cabinet, Corsair VS500 power supply, 8 GB DDR3 RAM (2x Corsair 4GB DDR3 VS CMV4GX3M1A1333C9), SSD, HDD, DVD-RW. I can reuse the DDR3 on another machine, which has only 2GB right now but an identical config otherwise.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Immediately

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have built 3 before, and will replace the mobo/processor

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Will buy online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
i5 4460 - 13950
Asus B85M G - 5750

2GB PSD in Celeron! Wow!!!
Your work could really use a discrete card, but if you were okay with the performance of Celeron's iGPU, you should also be okay with i5's.

Top Bottom