looking for a laptop around 42000 with nvidia graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

threeonethree

Journeyman
im sick and tired of searching for a good laptop .. this will be a general use laptop but i dont want to miss out on GTA 4 .

i dont care about processor , RAM , hard disk space, screensize etc . i just need a laptop with decent nvidia graphics(8400GS,9600 GS) . my budget is around 42000 only . i think its insane to spend over 50000 on a laptop just for casual gaming .

are there any good laptop models from compaq, acer , lenovo ( HPs are priced higher) which include a graphics solution from nvidia and are priced below 42000 rupees? or should i forget about playing GTA 4 and get a cheaper laptop with 250 gig hard disk , intel c2d , 2 GB ram? ( dell 1525 , acer 4930). how much is an acer 4930 with nvidia graphics(no intel)?

but please dont recommend brands like zenith..

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
The laptops which come form companies like HP,Dell,Acer etc. i mean all the MNCs will be priced very high if u want a decent graphics card which would be able to run GTA iv smoothly. For e.g XPS 1530 with 8600M Gt would cost above 65k!!
Actually im also buyin a gaming laptop the coming week and i've found a laptop which is just too good to let go!:D
I also want to tell u that GTA iv is a very CPU intensive game, so you will have to have a good and fast processor alongwith a good GPU to run it smoothly.
And the Director Plus Ultra laptop from Zenith has got all the above requirements!:D
The config. is as follows:
C2D P8400(2.26 ghz ,3mb cache ,1066 mhz FSB)
4 gb ddr2 ram
Geforce 9600M GS(512 mb dedicated!)
320 gb sata2 hdd
And rest of the standard features
And it comes at a final price (inc. tax n all) of around 44k...if u can just increase ur budget by 2k then this is the very best laptop u can get!
One more thing..actually this ones got the latest penryn processor from intel..it runs fast and consumes less power and also dissipates less heat and it would surely help in keeping the temperature low..coz gaming laptop suffer from lots of heat generation.
But when this laptop was launched in late dec. last year then it had the T5800(2 ghz ,2 mb cache, 800 mhz fsb) processor..which is quite slower than P8400(which is the one this laptop is coming with now) ..but some distributors still have this model with T5800 available. If u cant increase your budget then go for the one with T5800 processor, rest config. is same in both.
So lemme know wat u have decided on..
Best of luck.

OP
T

threeonethree

Journeyman
i am not going to buy zenith as i have read various -ve reviews about the brand and that particular laptop. i am going to nehru place tomorrow to check out my options.

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
@threeonethree
If u dont wanna go for zenith with that budget then forget about GTA 4!
Acer 4530 has got a weak geforce 9100M G and that wont be gud enuff for gta 4..
better option would be lenovo G430a with geforce 9300M GS..though i highly doubt its performance with respect to Gta 4...but ull be only left to play with other games at lowest of settings..
and please lemme know wat all -ve reviews have u read about 'this particular laptop' i.e Director plus ultra?!?
Do reply man!

Last edited:
OP
T

threeonethree

Journeyman
acer 4530
  • AMD Athlon 64 X2 QL-60 1.9GHz Processor
  • 3600MHz Bus Speed
  • nVIDIA nForce MCP77MH Chipset
  • 2GB(up to 4GB) DDR2-667/PC2-5300 Memory
  • 120GB HDD
  • DVD Writer
  • 14.1-inch WXGA Widescreen CrystalBrite LCD
  • nVIDIA GeForce 9100M G Integrated
  • Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
  • Windows Vista Home Premium
  • 6-cell Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) Battery
price is around 30000 rupees.. it got a very weak gpu and i dont think it will be able to run gta 4 ..

i looked at some laptops from HP in nehru place and one of them got 2 GB ram , core 2 duo 5750, 250 gb hdd, geforce 8400gs 128 mb , 14 inch screen. price was around 42k-45k . i dont remember the model though . will this rig be enough for gta 4 ?
btw . i read bad reviews about zenith on mouthshut .. google it to see yourself

Last edited:

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
@threeonethree
Dude!!! All those reviews on zenith are like 3 years old!! Do u think that they are some piece of advice to heed to at this point of time?!? Also...if u search on the net then u'll find endless list of complaints for HP and Dell laptops too! HP laptop batteries get worn out real soon! So much that my friend now has to run his laptop on direct power and he bought it like one n a half yr ago...so stop criticizing zenith plz!

OP
T

threeonethree

Journeyman
i understand your emotions regarding zenith as you are planning to buy it this week . i am actually not bashing zenith but as i have to spend 40000+ rupees i have to be critical of my choices especially when i cant even find a decent review of the particular laptop model. i am actually waiting for somebody to buy the laptop and write a review before going for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom