Looking for a good cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

parimal

Journeyman
I'm just looking for a good cabinet below Rs. 1500.....as I don't have the budget for rocking Antec or CoolerMaster. Basically looking for good quality local stuff with stable 300Watts power supply. For which I should go for....Mercury, ibox, Vip?? I have seen Mercury KOB132 cabinet and I liked the designed....I have also seen the inner build quality of that cabinet and I was impressed.....good for expansion (HDD, Optical Drive, Front USB option etc.). Even some ibox designs were eye catching. Please suggest me the good brand and model if possible...!
-Parimal.

theraven

Technomancer
either of those is just fine
make sure they have good space for better airflow
after that its just a matter of deciding which one looks best
ps : there are other unamed brands which offer better solutions than either of these companies ... or maybe they have a name and i didnt notice
look ard ull find real good ones ... and u can always get a powersafe smps to compliment ur cabinet..

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
The Lava cabinet from Zebronics is also good

400 watts PSU
LCD for temperature monitoring
Dual case fans with speed sensors
ATX form

rakesh_1024

Journeyman
Here are the things I see before buying one
1. The sound when we tap it (should sound too metallic)
2. The weight(The more the weight , the more the material used and hence sturdier and stable to the vibrations created by the components).
3. A minimum of 350W supply(Its a waste of money buying a 300 one) keeping in mind the extra supply needed when I upgrade some of the components.
4. Number of expasion slots.
5.The cooling and ventilation system.
6.The brand name.

DKant

In the zone
Ok that's what u look for. What are u looking at? I'm thinking abt buying an Athlon 64 3200+ (or 3000+ or 2800+ if the price becomes a factor), Gigabyte K8VM800M,Gainward 1100XT ('souped up' version of FX 5900). What kind of a cabinet wld I need - 350 or 400W? Suggest a brand. And not more than 1500-2000 please.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
DKant said:
Ok that's what u look for. What are u looking at? I'm thinking abt buying an Athlon 64 3200+ (or 3000+ or 2800+ if the price becomes a factor), Gigabyte K8VM800M,Gainward 1100XT ('souped up' version of FX 5900). What kind of a cabinet wld I need - 350 or 400W? Suggest a brand. And not more than 1500-2000 please.

Get a big spacious cabinet and get a 400 watt psu frm Powersafe. KPPL cabinets are also good.

OP
P

parimal

Journeyman
Hey,
I just want cabinet under Rs. 1500......so can't really afford PowerSafe and all stuff.....Tell me the specific brand and the model which is good in your point of view.....Mercury, Vip etc. I'm not gonna buy ibox as they use cheap quality of PSU.

theraven

Technomancer
???
cabinet with a sata connector ??
o u mean the power supply ??
doesnt matter ... if u get an asus mobo u get converters anyways ... and they are available abundantly in the market
and it'll be a cheaper solution .. than a power supply which provides sata connector

theraven

Technomancer
SURRRRRRRREEEEEE
here we talk abt sub 2.5k cases ...and we just got a list of post 5k ones :D hehehehe
nah kiddin chits ... its a gr8 site... but unfortunately still quite irrelevant and most of then .. infact 90% of them u dun get here ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom