Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
Thanks friends

All of you are just great. :)

Sadly assasin is right ...I really can not afford a RAID setup for now.
Regarding cards I think I shall wait for few more months once DX10 compatible cards come in the market.

Regarding the mobo of MSI, I does not appear to be primarily made for C2D though it suppors C2D [the basic ones only]. Moreover it does not have on board graphics and IEEE1394 Firewaire port. Lastly, I already have a PC runing on MSI mobo+VIA chipset + Athlon 64 2800+ processor. I can't say I'm really happy, 'cause the mobo has to be sent to the manufacturer twice already for BIOS trouble. :p

Though I agree that Intel has a horrible reputation regarding their service, but I do not think that I have a choice :(

BTW, is there any performance issue with Intel original mobo?

I was hoping to get a ASUS mobo wothin my price range, but did not get one.

Wish me luck guys

Regards

Last edited:

assasin

Banned
the cheapest Asus mob that u can get based on the G965 chipset is the Asus P5B-VM for bout 6.5-7k.it'll be better if u can somehow extend ur budget and get that mobo.u wont regret it later.
As far as Intel Orignal mobos r concerned they hav a lot of ram compatibility probs, so better stay away from them.
u can aslo buy gigabyte mobo.
i'll still suggest u to buy a E4300 and Asus P5B-VM.oc the proccy a bit and enjoy the power of C2D.
i've oc'd my E4300 to 3GHz and its running 24x7 without any probs.

OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
Thanks assasin
The trouble is I never oc in past, and I don't even know how to do it.

Secondly I do not think it will be a good idea to mess with the proccy before the wrrenty is over. :p

I shall seriously think about extending the budget.

BTW, does that ASUS board sports a onboard graphics?

OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
Hello assasin

I should have pointed out it earlier,

assasin said:
Asus P5B-VM for bout 6.5-7k.
Are you sure 'bout the price? I just checked ITDepot [*www.theitdepot.com/product.php?cat=13&sub_category_id=47&product_id=403], those guys have quoted a price tag of 9170/- + Shipping 335/-.
Otherwise I really liked the board, only the price seems to be out of my reach. :(
*www.extremefunnypictures.com/comment/sad_smile.gif*smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/sobbing.gif*www.forosdelweb.com/images/smilies/chillando.gif*img90.exs.cx/img90/2365/k1ocray.gif*www.feebleminds-gifs.com/smiley-faces20.gif*forums.spodesabode.com/images/smiles/icon_cry.gif*smg.photobucket.com/albums/v319/tankexmortis/Smileys/th_2c3942a6.gif

assasin

Banned
i was quoted a price of 7.2k + vat bout a month ago by my vendor for that mobo.
just ask ur vendor and confirm the prices.

Sykora

I see right through you.
The prices on ITDepot are not exactly up to date. Make sure you call first, or get a quote elsewhere.

OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
sad news, the mobo is out of market for quite some time *forumprog.free.fr/GS_e4ff864dac21276d2991bfb466f37adf.png

assasin

Banned
@src2206 try to source the mobo from else where.at my place that mobo is easily available.try to contact Rashi peripherals in ur city or in a city near u.

OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
Thanks for the suggestion friend

Rashi Peripherals Pvt.Ltd.
67, Bentinck St., 1st floor
Suite No-4, Kolkata - 700 069.
gopalp@rptechindia.com

22153364/5/6

I shall get in touch with them- first thing in the morning. :)

Ok, RAshi is quoting the price as 7k+vat for retail buyers.

Hope to get this from normal dealers to get some price advantage. :)

Last edited:
OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
Hello Asasin

I hope you are watchin' this thread,

I found another mobo [P5B-MX/WiFi-AP] based on Intel® 946GZ + ICH7 chipset.

I understand the main difference of this board with ASUS P5B- VM that it is not Quad Core ready apart from the basic chipset difference. But the point that I would like to point out is price: it is available only for 3900/-+VAT.

Here is the link: *in.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=182&l4=0&model=1670&modelmenu=2

Now both these boards have FSB of 1066 MHz but the price difference is huge. So is it worth going for the P5B-VM considering the Price- Feature ratio?

Please suggest.

Thank you.

OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
Hello Assasin :)

At last I have got my new system up and running.

Though I did not buy E6300, but as you suggested, I went for E4300 and the ASUS mobo you recommended.

I also checked various sites and found no justification of spending 3K extra for a procy which hardly delivers anything better.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom