Looking for a 26" lcd tv

freeze

Right off the assembly line
Hi all..

I am planning to buy a 26" lcd tv in about 2 weeks. My budget is around 20k (with extended warranty for a year)

I am interested in sony, lg, samsung and panasonic. Panasonic has only 24" not 26".

I would like to know if there will be black borders on the sides in 26" or 24" while playing HD movies. I have tata sky DTH connection (not HD)

Am also confused whether to choose a tv which can play videos through usb or buy a basic model which cant play videos in usb and buy a media player like WD live hub separately.

Please help me in choosing the right one.

susancts

Broken In
Samsung LA26D481G4 is a 26" LCD TV that you can get for approximately 20K. The resolution of this TV is 1366X768 and comes with inbuilt USB 2.0 port. 1366X768 resolution will allow you to play HD content but if the streaming movies are not in HD you will see black borders on the sides.

MarveL

Broken In
buy a TV which has usb play feature. this will save you lots of money which you will otherwise spend on buying a DVD player and DVDs.

Sony has a bravia model 26BX32 which will cost you around 24k. it has USB play and can play any common format excluding MKV. It can also detect USB hard disks upto 1 TB.

If the HD movies are in 16:9 aspect ratio then you wont see any black borders. If it's having a different ratio, there is a button on the remote which can stretch the video to fit in the screen.

aroraanant

Explorer
Why to opt for LCD when you can get a LED for the same price.
Check out Samsung 26" 4 series LED TV 26D4003
And I have told the same thing before also on this forum and I m saying it again Samsung LED/LCDs are the best

masterkd

Padawan
TV within 20K!!

I'm looking to purchase a 26" LCD TV for my dad. My main criteria is great Picture quality and good sound output. My budget is 20K (max).

Problem is in my dad's place only Samsung, Sony and Panasonic available and no LED.

Please suggest me some models.
Thanks in advanced!!

OP
F

freeze

Right off the assembly line
thanks for your suggestions guys..

I'm still confused between 24" / 26" and black borders.. I don't have HD DTH connection and I dont want to see black borders while watching tv channels..

aroraanant

Explorer
Re: TV within 20K!!

I'm looking to purchase a 26" LCD TV for my dad. My main criteria is great Picture quality and good sound output. My budget is 20K (max).
Problem is in my dad's place only Samsung, Sony and Panasonic available and no LED.

Samsung 26'' LCD TV LA26D481G4

Top Bottom