Looking for 19"/22" LCD monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
Have scoured the forums and so far haven't come to a conclusion as to what to buy to replace one of my LCD monitors which have breathed its last breathe a week ago..My sincere apology to forumers if you think it is one thread too many which talk about similar stuffs.

Am looking for a 19" or 22" monitor? I would be using it on my main PC and the older existing monitor in the siggy will go to the other PC.
Has to have DVI port..
I think it best to solicit advice/suggestions from fellow digit forumers before sinking recession hit money into a product.
Since i saw a lot of people recommending dell, i took a look at them in the dell site..

Dell E228WFP 22" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor looks like it is an older model which is goin to be replaced with a newer version isnt?

Dell E1909W 19" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor looks like a new version of the old model but it doesnt have dvi port. Isnt the ultrasharp version of this model gonna be more expensive? if yes then wouldnt it make more financial sense to get the 22" above which has dvi port?

and i haven't asked dell about the pricing of the above two products and i cant see it mentioned anywhere about the monitor price on the site which is not the case for other products like laptop, etc...anybody in the know just give me an indicative price.

Well it isnt supposed to be only Dell, i would like a recommendation of other brands like samsung, etc if they have a good model which have no problems and a great review which is not sponsored by the said company.

Havent bought the digit mag for the past two months? so any review regarding the concerned products in there?

I have already written too much and i doubt forumers will look at it all.
To put it precisely, i need a 19"or 22" good gaming/video performance with dvi connector.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Get the Dell/Samung 22". Best of the lot.

Also check BenQ 2200HD that is a fullHD 22" display available for 13k

turbasu

Broken In
Best buy on the given price front is LG 22" series and models ending with WT gives DVI-D conector in addition with D-Sub.
Excellent picture quality with f-engine and very stable performance.

OP
R

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
ok thansk for the recommendation..
about buying dell products...
do you guys buy from store or online if one is from kolkata? if online wont it take more time for the process of payment (if not paid with credit cards) and then the shipping process?

samsung any recommended model?
SAMSUNG 2253BW Black 22" 2ms(GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor seemed to be good but cannot see it in samsung india site so far...
anybody has the samsung T220 22", is there lightbleed anywhere?

i need decide and buy one in this week or at most the next week...pls suggest

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
I have already written too much and i doubt forumers will look at it all.
To put it precisely, i need a 19"or 22" good gaming/video performance with dvi connector.

Ofcourse!! we will look into ur post.. bro.. :)

BTw, if DVI is ur preferred choice, then go in for DELL, as for the shipping, they ship really good but still i doubt (being a LCD wich is fragile), they (DELL) jus do not giv it to a local courier wala and better ship it to ur doorsterp personally..

Btw, Samsung is also a good option but i dunno if it has a DVI or no.. :(
----------

Cheers n e-peace...

OP
R

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
well thanks for the reply..i am now looking at the Samsung Syncmaster 2243BW (dvi/vga) and was given a good review by one mag in july 2008...though the stands seem fragile..its footprint look small compared to the screen..but then we arent gonna move it frequently isnt...anybody got this model?

well if dell themselves open at least a store in the bigger cities then it will be better...

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
samsung T220 is quiet expensive that is what I have to say.
Call you Dell Customer Care and hey will you give details of Dell products. 22 inch monitor will be beter buy. Dell 2209 is available and is a Full HD monitor.

if not Dell then Benq E2200HD is also a good model.
LG displays seems to be better than Samsung in price and performance, that is what I feel, but not a general consensus

Last edited:
OP
R

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
dell 2009WFP is not listed in dell india site as far as i can see? it is available for india?

benq t2200hd -
It wasn’t able to keep the screen pitch dark, and movies with dark scenes may suffer a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom