Looking for 18650 Lithium ion cells or powerbank containing them

Chetan1991

Youngling
Looking to buy 4-6 18650s. The prices at most online vendors for quality (Panasonic, Samsung, Sony) are exorbitant. Does anyone knows where I can get them for <400 a piece? Above that, buying and tearing a quality powerbank would make more sense.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Looking to buy 4-6 18650s. The prices at most online vendors for quality (Panasonic, Samsung, Sony) are exorbitant. Does anyone knows where I can get them for <400 a piece? Above that, buying and tearing a quality powerbank would make more sense.

Local electronics shops..
Lamington road Mumbai.

I would suggest buy MI Power Bank, I'm using it for more than 3 years, without any problem.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.

Due to covid and taxes, various electronics have become expensive. Are you open to buy directly from Alibaba or banggood? Gearbest is also good. But remember, due to covid delivery will be late and custom maybe charged >50% value of goods.

But if you are able to find good quality ones, at cheap rate, then that custom maybe ignored...

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
custom maybe charged >50% value of goods.
What's with the ridiculous rate?

I'm fine with waiting but it seems Aliexpress isn't shipping to India anymore, same for a lot of items at banggood and what they do, are not cheap.

Haven't used Gearbest though. Will look into it. I've bought something from a lesser known site. Waiting to see if their delivery is any good.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl

Have you purchased from banggood?
because they are now shipping to india. I already purchased and it's shipping.
Links you can buy 18650 from - search there, samsung, lg, sony and panasonic are good but label cover can be easily put on any battery using hot air gun.

*www.electronicscomp.com/
*robu.in/
*sharvielectronics.com/
*componentstree.com/
*www.dnatechindia.com/battery_holde.../samsung-icr-18650-26-j-2600-mah-battery.html
*www.dnatechindia.com/battery_holder/18650-li-ion-battery/lg-lgabf-1-l-18650-3350-mah-battery.html

Also if you want this
*www.banggood.in/ANENG-BT-168-PRO-1...340-14500-10440-Lithum-Battery-p-1644831.html
*www.banggood.in/C16-Removable-16-s...t-Diy18650-Battery-Box-5V-2_1A-p-1798723.html
*www.banggood.in/Quick-Charge-Versi...50-Battery-Holder-Charging-Box-p-1714303.html

Because I'm also looking for 18650 battery and D size li-ion battery. but i will purchase from local shop
Do tell, if you purchase from banggood site.

Last edited:

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
if by d size you mean those thicc boi torch cells used in torches, then pls post that here too certainly they are no longer manufactured of if manufactured then at low rate s.t. They are not available
D size we use are zinc carbon batteries, their voltage is 1.5V and mostly used in series combination so 3v total.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D_battery

but li-ion batteries have 3.7v
similar size li-ion battery is 32600 but some says 26650. (height is important and not the diameter (60-65mm))
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battery_sizes#Cylindrical_lithium-ion_rechargeable_battery
so you need single battery (3.7v) + 1N4007 diode (0.6-0.7v drop) = ~3 to 3.1V
1n4007 diode is for voltage drop, and gives ~0.6V voltage drop
*microcontrollerslab.com/1n4007-diode-pinout-features-explained-with-example-circuits/
1N4007 costs around ₹2-₹5
(similarly you can replace any battery operated thing with wired mobile charger of 5V/9V/12v output and adding 1N4007 diode in series)
or
simple use 2 battery in parallel position (same direction)

using battery holder/adapter
Use single battery (li-ion or any rechargable or any local) + old discharged cell or dummy cell or empty cylindrical with wire inside (for circuit completion and continuous flow)

using battery holder/adapter converter
Also there are some AA to D cell, AAA to D cell and AA to AAA adapter
but you will have to do more frequent charging.
*www.amazon.in/dp/B098L2BP97/
*www.amazon.in/dp/B08HPB42ZV/
*www.amazon.in/dp/B08HQ96957/
*www.banggood.in/Battery-Adapter-Converter-Adapter-Case-For-2xAA-To-D-Size-p-921289.html
*www.banggood.in/AAA-To-AA-Battery-Adapter-Converter-Case-p-1087839.html

similarly any combination is possible
18650 to 26650
*www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002634261598.html
*www.aliexpress.com/item/32787194711.html

From these batteries affordable and long life option is yet to decide and it also depends on the battery used for.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_battery#Chemistry

Nowadays those mosquito racket comes with AAA rechargeable battery. if racket gets broke then these can be utilized for other purpose.

Last edited:

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
D size we use are zinc carbon batteries, their voltage is 1.5V and mostly used in series combination so 3v total.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D_battery

but li-ion batteries have 3.7v
similar size li-ion battery is 32600 but some says 26650. (height is important and not the diameter (60-65mm))
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battery_sizes#Cylindrical_lithium-ion_rechargeable_battery
so you need single battery (3.7v) + 1N4007 diode (0.6-0.7v drop) = ~3 to 3.1V
1n4007 diode is for voltage drop, and gives ~0.6V voltage drop
*microcontrollerslab.com/1n4007-diode-pinout-features-explained-with-example-circuits/
1N4007 costs around ₹2-₹5
(similarly you can replace any battery operated thing with wired mobile charger of 5V/9V/12v output and adding 1N4007 diode in series)
or
simple use 2 battery in parallel position (same direction)

using battery holder/adapter
Use single battery (li-ion or any rechargable or any local) + old discharged cell or dummy cell or empty cylindrical with wire inside (for circuit completion and continuous flow)

using battery holder/adapter converter
Also there are some AA to D cell, AAA to D cell and AA to AAA adapter
but you will have to do more charging.
*www.amazon.in/dp/B098L2BP97/
*www.amazon.in/dp/B08HPB42ZV/
*www.amazon.in/dp/B08HQ96957/
*www.banggood.in/Battery-Adapter-Converter-Adapter-Case-For-2xAA-To-D-Size-p-921289.html
*www.banggood.in/AAA-To-AA-Battery-Adapter-Converter-Case-p-1087839.html

similarly any combination is possible
18650 to 26650
*www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002634261598.html
*www.aliexpress.com/item/32787194711.html

From these batteries affordable and long life option is yet to decide and it also depends on the battery used for.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_battery#Chemistry

Nowadays those mosquito racket comes with AAA rechargeable battery. if racket gets broke then these can be utilized for other purpose.

instead of this struggle, i can simply design a circuit based on tp4056 ic for charging battery and use a TPS55288 ic to buck the voltage. Might even replace the bulb with a 20watt led smd bead chip, as i am using a buck boost chip, this should work out of the box with 12v beads too. but there is only one issue, pcbway seems to not be able to deliver to india perhap need to etch my own pcb.

in the end, instead of replacing cells, i wud be left with a goddamn monsta with a 20watt led and 8-9hr battery backup. considering 20watt the heat put will be manageable with a large heatsink. will update once pcb design is ready. Might even add this to instructables

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
instead of this struggle, i can simply design a circuit based on tp4056 ic for charging battery and use a TPS55288 ic to buck the voltage. Might even replace the bulb with a 20watt led smd bead chip, as i am using a buck boost chip, this should work out of the box with 12v beads too. but there is only one issue, pcbway seems to not be able to deliver to india perhap need to etch my own pcb.

in the end, instead of replacing cells, i wud be left with a goddamn monsta with a 20watt led and 8-9hr battery backup. considering 20watt the heat put will be manageable with a large heatsink. will update once pcb design is ready. Might even add this to instructables
Do post your instructables..

Edited :
Can you suggest some good brand 18650+ size charger? Which can charge anything from AAA to 32650
As of now I have 3 18650 generic batteries but charging it with generic single battery charger.

I have checked opus, nitecore, liitokala, miboxer but confused.
Need value for money minimum 4+ holder.

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
Did you find any good trusted online seller in India?
get an ambrane 20k mAh power bank during offer period.it will cost 800-900. whereas buying good quality individual 18650 will cost no less than 300/- each.

then break the warranty by opening it and pull wires from battery heads.

Last edited:

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
get an ambrane 20k mAh power bank during offer period.it will cost 800-900. whereas buying good quality individual 18650 will cost no less than 300/- each.

then break the warranty by opening it and pull wires from battery heads.
What I mean there was, i need fully trusted source where I can buy original factory made 18650 or any lithium ion batteries.
Like this site 18650 Battery | BATTERY BRO

₹400 to ₹2000, depending on your application of use (how much current you required). 18650 maximum capacity 3500mAh. Practical value differs (~3450mah) different for different cells.
Check this site
*lygte-info.dk/info/BatteriesRidiculousRatings UK.html

Instead of that,
There are diy Power Bank cases available.. batteries can be replaced like remote batteries, instead of soldering.
I found maximum 16 no. of 18650 batteries can be used in that case. 16 × 3500mAh = 56000mAh

Last edited:
Top Bottom