Longhorn could be tough sell for Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
All I know is that I wouldn't mind wasting rs150 on a pirated CD which I will pop into my newly built rig and enjoy the fruits of several years of hard work on Microsoft's part....

casanova

The Frozen Nova
The thread is about Longhorn sales and not mac sales, dude. By the way how did Mac striked ur brains while reading a thread on windows

shaunak

Tux Fan
It will b difficult for microsoft to recover development costs keeping the factors of LINIX and PIRACY in mind. Speaking of which my local pirator has already put a pirated copy of longhorn on sale. :lol: he must have decided to help microsoft in development after all piracy has half (or more) of the market share!!

NOTE: this pirator has previously put linix red hat 9 on sale! and believe it or not some one bought it!!!

mohit sharma

Journeyman
yaar windows , what is windows , a simple stuff for those not wanting any type of complexity even if @ the cost of that simplicity they lost the power the power that leads to the development of computers.
in india students like us started working on windows & bcoz of it's sheer simplicity and lack of guidence never tried 2 look at scope beyond windows . this is what is the bloody f***ing game of microsoft.
4 buiseness they r hampering developments and creation of new ideas.
well do u think microsoft is really serious about stoping piracy ?
and tht too at today's prices of their softwares.
windows xp is stabler but versions of linux are still far ahead . and the pupil will definitely buy or copy pirated longhorne or vista ( whatever u call tht s*** piece of code ).
and firms without looking further into pros. and cons. will adopt it and pay for it ( and actually they are the real fund raiser for microsoft , bcoz they can b easily traced ).
but i strongly think whether v ( remember v the pupil ) use windows any form any type ( legal or illegal or absolutely free ) actually we are the ultimate loosers .
what i m saying ?
am i right ?
did anyone get anything from it or it's simply waste of time and space ?

babumuchhala

In the zone
Well i would say most ppl here will upgrade, but how many will buy is a really buy it is a bigger question.

RAM requirements are said to be 256 MB RAM and has a highly scalable interface for the RAM in computer.
(i currently use XP at its min Requirements of RAM & it works less than ok)

I do plan to buy a new PC with 2 GB RAM next year December :)

rajas700

Youngling
FIRST WINDOWS XP ITSELF GET DELAY IN BECOME OF (REALSED IN 2001)POPULAR.NOWDAYS ONLY XP HAVE BECOME POPULAR(I.E. 2003 HALF TO 2005).TILL SUCH A DAYS WINDOWS 98 HAVE BEEN POPULAR AND NOW ALSO IN SOME PLACE.SO I THINK IT WILL TAKE SOME TIME TO BECOME POPULAR AND I AM SURE ONE ON A DAY U PUPIL WILL SAY VISTA(LONGHORN)IS LIKE GOOD . WHEN MICROSOFT MOVES TO ANOTHER OS.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
I think that the PCs of late 2006 will by-default ship with a "bare minimum" of 512 MB DDR2RAM running at high frequencies, the processors will essentially and likely be dual cores or ne other upcoming processor technology running at more than 4 gigs .. even HDDs will be 160 GB for the entry level with Dx9.0c Gfx cards becoming so hot even now!!!! With such "monstrous" config., I think ppl will need the software framework to utilize their complete potential (I mean the processor speeds, newer instruction sets for better computing capabilities, and data crunching capability) .

That is xactly why ppl will go 4 futuristic operating systems like VISTA which will definitely be optimised to run on futuristic systems, where XP may have some compatibility problems as Win 98/ME has now with some latest hardwares and softwares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom