Long horn ,got my pc crushed

Status
Not open for further replies.

theraven

Technomancer
im pretty sure he did
i dun think sp2 is available for longhorn yet ;)
vijay dude be more clear

and whats the problem ?
u havent mentioned anything but that u installed LHTP and u set a restore point after installation

whats wrong ?
crushed ? u mean CRASHED?
damn dude be more clear

anyways u need a bootable disc or a bootable floppy
i suggest gettin a friend to make bart's PE disk for u

boot from it and replace all system files

u can also do this from ur winxp bootable cd
goto the recovery console and type in sfc /scannow

also if ur able to boot into windows but dun see anything but the wallpaper
u can press ctrl+alt+del to bring up the task manager
and then from file=> new task(run)
type in sfc /scannow and press enter
ull be prompted to enter ur win xp installation cd

3 solutions .. one problem ... in reverse order of preference
take ur pick buddy

OP
V

vijaythefool

In the zone
abt the pc :
i am using win xp professional and i have installed sp2

i applied long horn , i needed to uninstall and found there was no uninstall option

so returned to safe mode and un installed as said in the long horn

installed for the second time and need came to uninstall as the entire desktop and all the contents turned black . went to the safe mode

but this time as soon as i entered the safe mode pc began to set a restore point

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
thank god!! some of the mods advised me to create a restore point before installation of LH Transformation Pack!! it made my work a loe easier!!

and thanx Mr harishkumar for your first post :p

harishkumar

Right off the assembly line
can anyone tell me how to uninstall LHTP

can you suggest tools to overclock.My configuration is

P4 2.00Ghz Intel D845GVSR 128Mb DDR266Mhz

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Just run the install program again and choose the Uninstall option from the window that opens.
And somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think the Intel D845GVSR board can be overclocked.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Now that's how *you* couldn't uninstall. But otherwise that's the normal, safe way to uninstall LHTP. And I dont think harish is having the same problem as you. :)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
longhorn transform pack has lotsa woes.....it doesnt uninstall all files completely some files (like explorer.exe and files which are in use) dun get uninstalled and sp2 cant be applied until you haf a pure microsoft kernel...

i had d same prob...tried everything....coz everything was messed up.....finally formatted ma hdd and did a fresh install of sp2..will stay away from LHTP now....!!!

godsownman

Padawan
Longhorn will be a good OS but the transformation apck is not so good so wait till 2006-2007 when it will be officially released by Microsoft.

Dont try the transformation pack they are not worth the try . :d

godsownman

Padawan
All the people i know are repenting that they tried that pack at some stage i also wanted to try it but I kept away after I read on the net and say the rating and people's recommendations .

Best is to AVOID !

Sorry for posting again i forgot to say this

godsownman

Padawan
All the people i know are repenting that they tried that pack at some stage i also wanted to try it but I kept away after I read on the net and say the rating and people's recommendations .

Best is to AVOID !

Sorry for posting again i forgot to say this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom