Long drive on a Scooter

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Planning to go on a one sided road trip of about 150kms flat road (sometimes filled with potholes) on a TVS Wego Scooter. Feeling nervous as hell as I haven't went beyond 60 kms to-and-fro with that scooter which is now 2yrs old though meter reading says only 6882 kms. What you guys say? Have you been on a long drive ?? What are the essentials to take??

ashs1

Padawan
I've been on 120km trip( one way ) recently.
First & foremost, have a good helmet with good paddings. This is of utmost importance.
Ensure your scooter is in good condition. Ensure your petrol tank is sufficiently filled up.

If this is a road trip with your friends, Take few breaks( as faun said ) & bring some water.
During the trip( if you have time )You can try to take some scenary pics or group photos if you get bored.
Try not to drive a bit rash & fast ( usually, most people tend to forget their road sense when they are on the roads with their friends )

Anyway, its just a 150km trip, nothing much to worry about..You can easily cover this in about 3 hours ( or even less ).

Drive safe.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Completed. Oh man!!! The road was filled with potholes in a 40 km stretch in between. I departed at 5am and it was foggy as hell. My jacket n jeans were wet n filled with dirt coz of the due n it was so cold though I hardly felt it coz of the 5 layers of clothes I wore :D. I reached destination by 11 am ( yeah took me 6 hrs mainly coz of the unimaginable sh!tty road) and then I had to sit in the cash counter n deal wid d public for the whole day.... M gonna have a GOOOD NIGHT sleep
. View attachment 13473

ashs1

Padawan
hahaha.. :lol: if you don't mind me asking, where were you going ( & from where ) ??? I am guessing it wasn't Los Santos. :p

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
hahaha.. :lol: if you don't mind me asking, where were you going ( & from where ) ??? I am guessing it wasn't Los Santos. :p

I was travelling in Eastern Uttar Pradesh, Varanasi-Jaunpur-Shahganj-Akbarpur. The road between Jaunpur & Shahganj &10kms beyond was filled with potholes.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
I've a Wego which I have used to drive 100-120 km max at a stretch. Other than the tingly feeling in the palms due to the vibration, there isn't much fatigue. And yeah, mine is still going strong as new even after 2 years and 16000 kms. Acceleration has always been a breeze

Top Bottom