long beeps....booting prob!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

archillies

Right off the assembly line
I recently built a budget pc with s754 mobo....I used it for a month and changed the new cabinet.....for this I moved all the parts frm old to new one...... while moving the mobo and video card they were applied some stress/force (due to tight screws)...now after installing everythng I hear continuous long beeps with a gap of 2-3 seconds....is it a mobo issue?

I found in some article that its Dram error code but guess its mobo one......I replaced ram/graphics card/hdd to hear the same beep......experts here plz suggest me wot to do now apart frm replacing mobo as I cant replace it frm the site I bought?

thanks in advance

my rig
==========================================
BIOSTAR NF325-A7 Socket 754 NVIDIA nForce3 250 ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 2.2GHz 512KB L2 Cache Socket 754 Processor
3DFuzion 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Desktop Memory
Maxtor 60GB HDD 5400 rpm
Creative Labs ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB 600Mhz DDR AGP DVI
ARCTIC COOLING ALPINE64 92mm CPU Cooler
Ultra Wizard Black Mid Tower Case
===========================================

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
First Check All the parts in the box that whether they are connected properly or not. Mostly such problem occurs due to RAM. I also had this once when the RAM freqs. not matched and after replacing it, comp. started working. :)

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Try to remove your graphics card and use the onboard video bus to insert the monitor's address bus

Also check the graphic card and motherboard for bent pins, capacitors or transistors

OP
archillies

archillies

Right off the assembly line
@ techtronic......will replace it again and try my luck
@ The Unknown yes it supports ddr400

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
archillies said:
@ techtronic......will replace it again and try my luck
@ The Unknown yes it supports ddr400
I have this last solution for you. If it doesn't work, i am sorry that i can't help you :( with this problem. Try cleaning your box with a vaccum cleaner. Many a times this works for me when my comp. starts hanging. Good luck ;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom