Logitech Z-5500 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockstar11

Technomancer
hello friends
i have a Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers.
is it normal for the center channel to not work in 6 Ch Direct Mode?
it works in dobly PL 2 movie/music and just thought it was wierd for it not to work in 6 ch direct. i have an creative SB audigy platinum EX sound card and everything is plugged up right and my speakers pass all tests.
any response is appreciated.
thanks in advance

goobimama

 Macboy
Nope. I too have the Z5500 speakers, but center channel works perfectly (in fact, it is the loudest of the lot). Check your settings in the soundcard as there can't be any setting on the Z5500 decoder itself....

Make sure you have set up your speakers as 5.1 and in the CMSS upmix, select Stereo Surround X2...

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
A quick question @goobimama, once I mount the z5500 satellites on the wall, will it be possible to rotate/direct the satellites towards the listener?

goobimama

 Macboy
You can only rotate the satellites sideways. And whatever you do, DO NOT unscrew the screw at the bottom. It is not possible to put that back and your satellite will be left without a stand (unless you open the whole thing up and do all that.

Design flaw? yes, but makes a BIG difference? No.

mod-the-pc

goobimama said:
You can only rotate the satellites sideways. And whatever you do, DO NOT unscrew the screw at the bottom. It is not possible to put that back and your satellite will be left without a stand (unless you open the whole thing up and do all that.

Design flaw? yes, but makes a BIG difference? No.
That's what I wanted to ensure before I buy them. Wanted to wall mount & turn the front satellites to point to the listener. Thanks Very much!

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Whats the latest market price of Z5500. Me too is thinking for a new speaker. But i think ive to scale down to Z5300[considering is 10k around cost].

goobimama

 Macboy
Any subwoofer will sound loose if not placed properly. You need to keep moving it around, trying it close to the wall, away from it till you get the optimum sound. I've kept mine in the corner, with 1 foot distance at the back and 6 inch on the side and sort of turned it towards the center....yeah, and it has just enough amount of tightness...

Also, the creative soundcards are not very good. My Audigy 2ZS isn't what I had hoped it to be. One of my friends has imported an Auzentech X-plosion and he brought it to my place to try it out. Sound quality improvements were amazing when it came to playing Mp3's....(Movies I use the Z5500 decoder so there's nothing to improve them, they are amazing as they are).

I'm planning to get an X-meridian but the shipping is too much. Only if someone else was willing to buy along with me, shipping gets cut in half...

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Does the center speaker make much of a difference while playing stereo sound ?? Coz my mp3's are barely audible with the center speaker , but the speaker is perfectly utilized with dvd audio's ...

For a sidenote ... u can try KX drivers .. u can use the DSP and direct front LR output to the center speaker too .. should be off some help ..

mod-the-pc

@goobimama, have you tried this in your speakers. It is supposed to change the appearance of the volume bars

On the Logitech Z-5500's there is a second display skin available, its like the "Easter Egg" of the system.
What you do is turn off the system while holding: Input, Effect, Settings and Mute (On the Control Center) at the same time for about 6 seconds and then it will display on the screen "Second Skin ON".

goobimama

 Macboy
Yes, tried it but gone back to the first one after a few days. FYI, the service menu is invoked by pressing the Input and Effect button for 5 secs...

thrash_metal

In the zone
Yeah it does work .. its the loudest .. check the individual control and increase the center chh . Id you have a Digital o/p to your card i'd suggest u use that !

Geforce

Journeyman
Hey, anyone bought Z-5500 or Z-5300 in delhi. I could not locate the dealer who would sell these models in delhi. Many thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom