Locker (Without any software)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
V

vaibhavtek

off topic:-sorry for replying late due to my exam and still have exam will catch everyone later after a week...!!
on topic:-nice one but old...!!! :D

The CyberShot

Broken In
Hi Vaibhav, I was shocked to hear that u're just 14! You invented the code yourself? If that's true, then u're a genius! Way to go! Anyway, i discovered some 'Problems' in your code(not bugs). First, if a person has access to your code, then its as simple as a pie for him to discover the password and moreover if he is a bit too geeky then he can altogether do away with the password prompt too. Second, if a person boots the computer with a Linux Boot CD or with any other OS except any Windows OS then he/she can easily access the files in the folder. Another 'Problem' I found was that if you loacked a folder on your USB and connected it to another computer, then the folder is visible. Also, you cant lock a folder with a Limited Account.

I hope you may be able to rectify them if you are revising ur code for another program in the future. :)

PS: I'm 17 yrs old (Turned 17 this August)

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
great trick. iam currently hiding it, but there is a bug here, we can see password in root directory it seems, i read it one other forums, also do you have any idea what if the .bat file is deleted

OP
V

vaibhavtek

if bat file is deleted u have lost ur thing.
same is with softaware like Winrar.

The CyberShot

Broken In
Oh no! You're wrong! You can access your files again even if you've deleted the .bat file. Just create it again. As simple as that. Or you could just boot a Live CD of any Linux distro and go to the folder you saved your hidden folder in. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom