List of fraudulent members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kniwor

Learner
We will try to compile a list of fraudulent members that one should be aware of while dealing on digit. Members that have been known to cheat in the past. Please post here with proper references if you've been cheated and one of the mods will add it to the list if you have a cogent case.

Members will not be labeled fraud just because the buyer says so, conclusive evidence has to be there. This thread does not intend to actively seek fraudulent members, merely mention those here who have been proven to be fraud. So a member not being on the list does not mean Thinkdigit or the Moderators suggest the member is a genuine seller and does not provide any credibility to the member.

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Kniwor of the TE forums?

BTW, its a good move but I also hope that one is careful and has all the facts before declaring something as fraud. This is a new trend where we see people (as observed on other Indian tech forums) that one starts calling the seller as fraud because he did not do research from his end or did not get the facts cleared by doing research, unfortunatly that's the mentality people have these days and use such threads to pressure someone to return the money back.

Its the members who should PM all the details to the mods. If mods are convinced that a member is a fraudster, they should put it on the list. Just so that we make things clear, most of us are in majority of the forums and many such people don't appreciate to get their reputation being smudged because of a character who didn't ask question about the contents, condition of the product and compatibility issues if any.

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner
Which is why it is said that one has to have a sufficiently convincing case. Only after discussion between mods will a name be put in the original thread, after verifying the claims.

I think its better to close the bazaar then run for the fraud members..I dont see any point in this thread..coz suppose I sold off a stuff that after a day doesn't work for the purchaser..I be called as fraud ??..man this is tech world..even apple iphone failed on first boot..and we are not purchasing new stuff...its just the trust that some lamers broke while selling...mods job wont be easy to define who is fraud and who is not..and off-course the fraudulent members will stick to digit ? there are thousands of places where people can sold off waste materials...ebay-gaffar market...lol

PS: I haven't purchased or sell any of the stuff yet :D

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner
I will suggest members refrain from making comments without giving due thought to the purpose of the thread. A seller will not be put on the list for any of the reasons you mentioned, and never unless there is conclusive evidence of fraud. For example if the seller takes money from buyers and does not ship the product, and if does not respond to any of the requests (PM/Calls etc) by buyers and moderators alike to clarify the situation.

Tathaga

Best Mind****er
i dont think its of any use coz after sellin a item which fails to work the next day , the seller will run away.
No 1 can catch him
he can even make another id in digit
and there is no use in baning ip as most users hav dynamic ip

delete this post if mods think its necessary

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I think its better to close the bazaar then run for the fraud members..I dont see any point in this thread..coz suppose I sold off a stuff that after a day doesn't work for the purchaser..I be called as fraud ??..man this is tech world..even apple iphone failed on first boot..and we are not purchasing new stuff...its just the trust that some lamers broke while selling...mods job wont be easy to define who is fraud and who is not..and off-course the fraudulent members will stick to digit ? there are thousands of places where people can sold off waste materials...ebay-gaffar market...lol
Before we continue on may I redirect you to the Bazaar Sub Section Rules.
Rules: Note that this is NOT a Digit sponsored section, and thus we cannot help resolve disputes. Any deals that you strike up are at your own risk. We encourage members to buy stuff only from other members in their own cities, and also request posters to put the city that you are in, into the topic so that, say, a person from Delhi will ignore all posts made by people not from Delhi.
The purpose of this thread isn't to paint a bullseye on every other person in this Forum. On the contrary its merely to promote safe trading in whatever way possible. Make no mistake, each trade in here is made at your own risk.

Although defining a fraud might be near to impossible. It is possible to identify good traders. Ironically with all these trades going on the number of posts in the Trader Feedback thread is astonishingly low.

i dont think its of any use coz after sellin a item which fails to work the next day , the seller will run away.
Making a trade on a forum is all about trust. Would you buy anything from a person with one post and joined in yesterday? I know the above line probably annoyed some folks here but I for one would definitely not. Again, this doesn't guarantee a safe trade. However it surely does minimize the number of bad ones to an extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom