..::Linux Noob::..

Status
Not open for further replies.

hahahari

In the zone
Guys I am a windows user and havent much experience with linux, but I am connected to internet for long hours [almost 24x7] and hence need a OS which handles internet pretty nicely. I usually run Azureus and Download manager of some kind.

I also work with Dreamweaver, Photoshop and some WEB related softwares.

Which Distro should I go for...considering my linux noobiness and the requirements?

Regards Hari

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Guys I am a windows user and havent much experience with linux, but I am connected to internet for long hours [almost 24x7] and hence need a OS which handles internet pretty nicely. I usually run Azureus and Download manager of some kind.

I also work with Dreamweaver, Photoshop and some WEB related softwares.

Which Distro should I go for...considering my linux noobiness and the requirements?

Regards Hari
Dude I'm Noob 2 & I've just installed Suse 10.3
Its Awesome in simplicity 7 its features
Though as always Linux lacks multimedia support but I'll say go for Suse
Suse has thousands for softwares you can chose from :D

OP
hahahari

hahahari

In the zone
Ok guys, I am going to dual boot with MInt and XP

Thnx for the help guys, I will let you know how it works out.

praka123

left this forum longback
utsav said:
I cant even connect to the internet using kubuntu.can any1 help me
what connexn type?did u tried sticky for mobile internet connxn if ur referring to mobile internet.

if u want to connect adsl under pppoe,it is easy!open a terminal and run "sudo pppoeconf" and reply to the different dialogs it will ask.

Dumbledore

Journeyman
Try Mandriva 2008. It's extremely easy to connect to the internet. It has an inbiult torrent engine for your needs. It's also extremely pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom