Linux Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzoferrari

Right off the assembly line
Hi
I am planning to buy a laptop and want to know which is the best company in terms of support to linux. I am thinking of the compaq presario v2324. Please tell me if I will be able to run Ubuntu 5.10 and Fedora core 4 without any trouble.
Thanks

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Yes surely..There many laptops with even Linux preinstalled..I will get you the info..I read it somewhere...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Acer usually gives em' with Linux.. BTW - all new lappies are supported by Linux.. I.e. most 3-2 yr old lappies too support it :D jus get a good distro like SuSe :D

praka123

left this forum longback
:D Hai,I think You can get assembled laptops in almost all cities according to your specs...

OP
E

enzoferrari

The reason i asked this question was that my friend recently bought an Acer Travelmate 4152nlci and could not install Ubuntu 5.10 since it did not support the philips cd drive(even the live cd didnot work), also, fedora core 4 runs extremely sluggishly on his system.

OP
E

enzoferrari

prakash kerala said:
:D Hai,I think You can get assembled laptops in almost all cities according to your specs...

What do you mean by assembled laptops and how is it done. My location is delhi.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
FC4 is a bit sluggish..Though it recommends 256Mb ram.I think it requires 512 mb ram or removing unwanted services...

praka123

left this forum longback
enzoferrari said:
prakash kerala said:

What do you mean by assembled laptops and how is it done. My location is delhi.
But here in Cochin,U can get assembled laptops which means the components can be choosable..if it is in Kochi,it must be available in Delhi's NehruPalace area..

digen

Youngling
By assembled do you mean these are from branded companies like compaq,ibm?

Are these like completely assembled,I mean can you choose each & every component you want or is it restricted to a bunch of components?

praka123

left this forum longback
these are original components from good brands got assembled or the local assembler naming it as a branded one for eg;e-zone :eek:
yes a number of components are choosable..

e-freak

Broken In
Assemling laptops is very similar to assembling PC's. You buy LCD panels, mobos, RAM, HDDs etc separately according to your choice and just assemble them together like you do it for a PC. Getting h/w for assembling laps is very easy for ppl like me who live in Mumbai. You get literally everything (even things you have never seen) at places like Lamington Road and Heera Panna in Mumbai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom