LinuxLive utility software is so easy and fast way to do
I always use this
just read about "persistence mode" once

Gauravs90

geek........
LinuxLive utility software is so easy and fast way to do
I always use this
just read about "persistence mode" once

You can't update the OS with persistence mode.. Try to install too many things... Then it will mess up all things.... persistence mode is only useful and stable when storing settings...

Piyush

Lanaya
You can't update the OS with persistence mode.. Try to install too many things... Then it will mess up all things.... persistence mode is only useful and stable when storing settings...

I know
I just wanted to make sure he doesnt make any mistake regarding this setting

OP
root.king

root.king

geek in action
within a week or 2week i'm going to install DSL(Damn Small linux) in 16gb usb so i can be able to store more data on same usb drive bcoz now only the os eatup whole 4gb space.

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
I installed Ubuntu on my 4GB Flash drive with casper persistence, but I hated it. The read/write speeds totally mess up the experience. Even browsing becomes a huge PITA.

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
but guys it takes about1:30 to 2 hrs to install in usb drive

Yep! The installation stops(kind of) at around 95% for 40 or so minutes and then suddenly it says installation completed. :)

I installed Backtrack on my USB drive using UNetBootin and another 8 GB temporary USB drive with the ISO. :)

OP
root.king

root.king

geek in action
guys i just made a damn small linux 4.4.10 live usb in windows environment it just took 24 sec. To complete.
I'm now wondering how much it takes to install in usb drive.

Yep! The installation stops(kind of) at around 95% for 40 or so minutes and then suddenly it says installation completed. :)

I installed Backtrack on my USB drive using UNetBootin and another 8 GB temporary USB drive with the ISO. :)

ya me 2
but it stucked at about 78% Then after 15min wait it suddenlly completed. strange but true.

Guys,
When i tried to install DSL on usb its showing an error:
cannot found any usb stick
no knnopix folder detectet
i had tried with many diffrent burners to burn on dvd like nero8.3 powerISO AND shardu bootable usb/cd maker but all gaving same error msgs.
What should i try now?.,.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom