linux drivers for rs480m2

Status
Not open for further replies.

manmay

Journeyman
hi all

i hav decided to install fc4. but hav a few questions.

will there be ne prob if i install the linux from the dvd iso(after burning the 2.5gb iso to dvd)

will there be ne way to access the windows ntfs partition through linux...to access stufff like mp3s and avis and jpgs...or do i need to switch over to fat32 compulsorily

i dont know where to find the drivers for the onboard video, audio and lan for this particular mobo. linux drivers are not provided by the manufacturer. my mobo is actually ecs elite rs480m almost the same as the msi rs480 m2 il . both hav ati x200 vga and realtek lan and audio.

i would really appreciate ne help.

TIA
manmay

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Don't worry about the drivers most, if not all, will be detected by whichever distro you're using.
There's no problem in burning DVD iso.
You can access NTFS drive from linux but you cannot write to it. It would be good if you can create a FAT32 partition as it can be written to by both windows and linux. I hope your hard disk has enough space to create partitions for linux as well as a FAT32 partition. That will be ideal for sharing the data between both OSes.

eddie

El mooooo
FC4 should detect it without much problem. It is recent enough to have most of the drivers in its kernel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom