Linux Discussion Thread

Which OS do you use primarily?

• Total voters

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
ZSH was my goto terminal when I was on macOS. After shifting to Ubuntu haven't bothered changing. Just sticking to the default terminal with changed colors.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You don't have to use zsh. Bash also has themes like this.

Though you can switch the shell at any time in Linux if you want.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I think I will make DeepinOS as my daily driver.
Looks super awesome like macOS and I can browse through the NTFS drives in it via its file manager :)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I don't know why Manjaro gets so much hate these days. I know that they did some shady stuff long ago, but overall the distro itself is pretty stable and works okay.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
I don't know why Manjaro gets so much hate these days. I know that they did some shady stuff long ago, but overall the distro itself is pretty stable and works okay.
Well, people just gotta hate on the most popular thing, and Manjaro's fairly popular now.

I found manjaro to be pretty good myself, the only thing that made me switch was that the updates sometimes broke the system, so overall stability was less (It has once nuked my installation), though to be fair its bound to occur in rolling release distros.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Ubuntu is still the most stable Distro till date :)

I am facing the issue with Elemetary OS. even if I enter correct password I am getting session error and not able to login.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think the title of one of the more stable distros goes to fedora.
Debian actually.
Ubuntu is still the most stable Distro till date :)

I am facing the issue with Elemetary OS. even if I enter correct password I am getting session error and not able to login.
Can you share the exact error you get? I am not very familiar with Elementary OS and what their login system. Does Elementary use systemd?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.

If it is not a live boot, then the problem occuree during installation. It would be better if you reinstall the is. These ubuntu derivatives have some bugs.

There is a bug in Manjaro installation, if you select free office, the. The installer will skip bootloader installation automatically. This has been there since last release.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
There is a bug in Manjaro installation, if you select free office, the. The installer will skip bootloader installation automatically. This has been there since last release.
lolwut

Good thing I never install any extra packages until after the installation.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
^After that incident even j stopped using installer for any third party installation. Better install later than to break installation.

Top Bottom