linux confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

crs_cwiz

Broken In
till now i only had windows xp pro on my computer, but one day, when the MTNL engineers came to my house to install their ADSL router, windows began to give a stop error message and i was unable to go even in safe mode / dos mode. i have now installed mandrake linux 8.2 on my second hard - disk and wish to reinstall windows xp on my other hard disk. but i am a complete newbie to linux and don't know where to begin. help needed here!

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Now install win xp on your system, (it will over write the grub boot loader) one windows is working well recover grub thats it its not very difficult.

OP
crs_cwiz

crs_cwiz

Broken In
pradeep_chauhan said:
Now install win xp on your system, (it will over write the grub boot loader) one windows is working well recover grub thats it its not very difficult.
that's the problem. I don't know how to reinstall windows xp
my windows xp cd is not bootable, so there is no chance of installing it in that way

OP
crs_cwiz

crs_cwiz

Broken In
Here's a breather - i've installed mandrake linux 10.1 on the computer, now can you please tell me how to go about installing windows xp?

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
I dont know on how to install Win XP, but here is a sure-shot method on how to install Win 98...

:arrow: First dump the entire CD onto the HDD(Fat 32)

:arrow: Boot into the Fat 32 partition, and then run setup...

:arrow: Install successfully!!! :)

Cheers!!!

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Install win98 and then upgrade to xp.Then install the grub boot loader for mandrake linux 8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom