linux audio driver instal help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manu Mahendran

Right off the assembly line
hi friends,

i installed fedora core 4 in my system. but when ever i login a msg comes no volume elements or devices detected. i think it s because i din install sound card driver. im using realtek high definition audio with codec alc883.. i cant run any media files in my fedora. kindly pls help me. i searched much in the net but i cudn't find any drivers and im new to linux. i dont know much about linux and its commands.. kindly pls help

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Is your linux showing your soundcard to be ALC883 or you know for sure that its ALC883.
Realtek has drivers for Fedora Core 4 & 5. But don't use that. Instead update your OS. To update open terminal and type the commands.
su -
(enter root password)
yum update

Now restart your computer and see if audio is working. If not , change audio provider to ALSA instead of ALC883

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
How many sound providers do you have in the list? Is ALC883 there on the list? I had problem with ALC888 in fedora 6. It used to work only work as ALC883. But after updating it started working with ALC888 and ALSA too with 5.1
Did you try installing official drivers for fedora 4?? they provide source code and you need to ./configure and make. I found problems with fedora 5 and earlier versions. Why dont you upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom