LiMP ver 1.2 - tiny Live CD (Multimedia player tiny Distro)

Does this player, makes you happy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vkkindia

Right off the assembly line
Hi everyone,

Linux Multimedia Player is a tiny Linux-based Live distribution that converts your computer into a multimedia player. It supports most of the known formats (MPEG 1 and 2, DivX, WMV, qt-mov, Real, MP3, WAV, WMA, and Ogg). It has auto-detection of partitions (IDE, SATA, or SCSI) and sound, video, and network cards, and supports all cards as of kernel 2.6.13. It identifies the partitions and mounts them in the folder START. Network support can be configured in the GUI. It also mounts the SMB shares in the folder START. It has menu-driven options and requires no knowledge of Linux, all in an embedded image file of size 35 MB. It can be easily integrated into Windows XP/2000/98/95, a Linux boot loader, or bootable CD-ROM.

Now I have released another version (limp-vkk-ver-1.2)

New Enhancements :
Font Support
Computer shutdown scheduler (for night time listeners) added.

For cyrillic and others :

select "Prefrences" "Font" and select proper "Encoding"

To have more font, download the "ttf " file and in the "Font" select the prefrerred font file"

Enjoy the movie !!!

Also it supports viewing encrypted DVD's (Zone set DVD's).

So just grab it and check that out !!! :lol:

web site:
*sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=152666
screen shot:
*linux.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Linux-Multimedia-Player-Screenshot-7160.html

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
I checked it today. Nice effort.

Let me make some suggestions.

1. Give an option to close mplayer ( and open it anytime he need)
2. Change the background, and give the instructions on some text file or html.
3. Embed a file manager.
4. Add some mplayer skins.

Anyway this is a nice effort, considering the fact that it has been done by a single person. Congrats!!!

OP
V

vkkindia

Right off the assembly line
desertwind said:
I checked it today. Nice effort.

Let me make some suggestions.

1. Give an option to close mplayer ( and open it anytime he need)
2. Change the background, and give the instructions on some text file or html.
3. Embed a file manager.
4. Add some mplayer skins.

Anyway this is a nice effort, considering the fact that it has been done by a single person. Congrats!!!

Thanks for giving ur suggesitions.

My answer is :
1. This distro is nothing but a multimedia player. Thats why, I kept mplayer always open.
2. Adding support for text file and html files results in file size increase. But there is a way to embed text file in mplayer help itself.
3. File manager again results in file size increase. Mplayer has its own file select window.
4. Extra skins, will be added :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom