Limbo Startup Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rishab2oo

Keep honking I'm reloadin
I didn't know where to submit game problems so I am writing here as it's an Indie Game

I recently reinstalled LIMBO on my Windows 7 system with following configuration

Memory 2.0 GB
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 @ 2.20GHz x 2
onboard graphics

When I open Limbo it gives following error

"The program can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I have update my DirectX but there is no effects.
Plz Help...

Last edited:
Download that .dll from the net and just put it where the game executable is.
Do the same if it asks for more files, in the end it will run. Make sure your graphics chip(onboard or discreet) supports pixelshader 3.0 or above.

Alok

Adventurer
This error occurs because you don't have latest directx files . You have to download and install directx jun 2010 redist. Link is below

Download DirectX Redistributable June 2010 9.29.1974 Free - A very useful application for running and displaying applications rich in multimedia elements - Softpedia

OP
R

Rishab2oo

Keep honking I'm reloadin
Download that .dll from the net and just put it where the game executable is.
Do the same if it asks for more files, in the end it will run. Make sure your graphics chip(onboard or discreet) supports pixelshader 3.0 or above.

I dowloaded the d3dx9_43.dll file and copied it to game directory, the game was launched sucessfully but only a black screen was shown. I waited for for sometime but nothing happend. Does I have to download some other files.

OSxSnowLeopard

Journeyman
You don't need to put dx9 file in game folder game is actually looking for dx9 file in system folder which by default win 7 doesnot contain, you need to run latest dx redis. setup on your system. It will cover all these files for you or let steam install require files when launching it, if you are using original steam game, aren't you.-S

sygeek

Technomancer
A friend of mine who used the pirated version had this problem.

Reply no to continue or yes to close.

Krow

Crowman
Pirating cheap Indie games? Why? Steam had it for 2.5 dollars twice or thrice. Yes, that is Rs 125 only. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom