Lights on.... PCTV on..... Ghost in the Machine ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrash_metal

In the zone
This is something abso crazy and it is 100% true .. i encounter it everytime !

I have a Pinnacle PCTV card with a remote and its sensor (automatically start up with windows option enabled for the sensor) . Everytime i swith on the lights in my room i dont know y but PCTV starts auomatically !! What is this :?: and Why is this :?:

OP
T

thrash_metal

In the zone
guys , techies please give me some ideas on y this thing is happening !! I AM NOT JOKING OR WAS HIT ON THE HEAD B4 I POSTED THIS . This has been happening since 1 month !!! Has anything crazy and outrageuos been happening to any1 of u ??

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi
Do u have tube lights in ur room...?
That might be the reason....

The improper EM radiations from the tube affect the TV tuner card....

PS : This might be the cause, I am not sure of the shielding provided by the Cabinet.....

Please correct me if I am wrong...

Regards,
Ramprasad

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
try this
switch off all the lights. then use a torch,
This will clear whether the problem is with light or electromagnetic radiations.
If the EMR is the prob, try changing ur tube light with one from other room.
Or also do u have the tube light with electronic ballast? B'coz, electronic ballast creates high frequency electric field.

KnightRider

Broken In
Solution

All i can say my dear friend ! that make sure no light enters your cabinet! that is for a simple cause ! there is small rather big.. or between big and small-- a chip - that chip is coated with silver colour.. make sure the colour is coated all over ! in case there is any kind of leak on coat the light is entering the chip! and that invokes the tuner card to switch on! its the same theory that the optical fibre uses - communication through light--- the best is change ur tv tuner card and for further clarification u are open to contact me! i have many mores ideas and ways to solve this kind of problem!

anusoni

Broken In
uh the remote sensor uses infrared technology for remote communications, maybe the light is somehow interefering with the infrared sensors of the remote receivers. just a guess..
lol
FREAKY !

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
i second anusoni's reply.something is producing interfering infrared signals on the pctv remote sensor.

@knightrider:could u go easy on the font size and colour,none of us here are blind!

OP
T

thrash_metal

In the zone
its the sensor which is picking up the signal to start . But how can normal tube lights interfere .. i mean.. these are not any special ordered lights .. just your usual lights bought from the market !!

Does anyone have a PCTv here ?? Can u check it wether .. after putting on the tube u have a auto start !

And there is not any light entering the cabinet.. pretty sure of that !

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi

Did u check with diff tube lights and ballasts....?

Most probably it might the inteference of the EMR with IR or something like that...

Regards,
Ramprasad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom