lightning strike on my pc

Vyom93

Journeyman
hii friends

yesterday i was cleaning my pc then thought i should share a incident

i am having i local internet broadband,2 years back,at night i left the internet cable connected to my pc and it was raining & thundering outside i wake up in the morning i was connecting my internet but it was not connecting then i check cable connection and i saw the RJ-45 connector was turn into black color so i open up the case and i saw
this

*i41.tinypic.com/33cccp1.jpg

the lighting strike made a hole in the motherboard IO panel by melting the metal i was lucky that my just 2 months old new pc was not burnt

So then its raining & thundering outside try to not to use your internet and disconnect the cable

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Happened with me as well.. Unfortunately, I wasnt lucky and my laptop's mb burnt.. Laptop wasnt connected to any power supply but was connected to a RJ45 to a modem which itself was connected to a powersupply..
The funniest thing is, the modem's RJ45 Jack was toasted but the modem still worked properly (from the USB port)

d3p

PowerHouse
What is so special in thread to be shared in Showoff section ???

Anyway reporting.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
when i read the title i was expecting all burnt ic (like charcoal black!) looking at that tiny hole make me think that lightning was really small..........

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Looks like I should buy a Wifi USB adapter just to be on safe side, than using RJ 45 cable! :|

Top Bottom