Light Weight Free AntiVirus for Windows 7 ?

augustya

Journeyman
Hi Guys,

Right now I am using Avast Free Anti-Virus but it takes a lot of RAM and also has a lot of Simultaneous Services going on in the Background. Any suggestion on an extremely light Free Anti-Virus compatible with Windows 7 ?

Thanks in Advance !

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Try bit-defender or Avira free versions. Also will suggest to update the OS to Win10.

Last edited:
OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
@TheSloth @SaiyanGoku @Zangetsu
Guys I just downloaded the Free Version of Bitdefender on my Windows 7 Laptop. But it is also kind of same in terms of using RAM as Avast. When I have a look at my Process Running in my Task Manager It has atleast 6- 7 services and process running which was the same case with AVAST, And that is the reason I felt I needed something which does not have so many additional processes running along with it.

Do you guys think AVIRA will be any different from this ? Or even it will have some maybe 5-6 processes running in the Background Blocking my RAM ?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
All AV programs have 6-7 process running in the background which is normal.

What is your System config ?

ESET is lightweight and good but its not FREE

TheSloth

The Slowest One
But if ESET is also gonna have 7-8 processes running in the background. It is not worth the hassle ?
As Zangetsu said, AVs may run more than one process to monitor the activities but don't worry about it. You should check if they are hogging too much memory or slowing down the general tasks like launching any program or copying files/folders.

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
If you post your system config then we can suggest you better.

Here you go...

System Info.jpg

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Anything special about his ? That you are recommending this ? How is this different from the other one's mentioned above ?
Yes, Tomsguide is one the trusted sites which posts genuine reviews about products so no doubt on that.
Second is the paragraph from the review above (read the full review though)

Kaspersky Security Cloud Free is well worth the download. It combines superior malware protection with a fast scanner that barely slows down the system and allows plenty of customization

The reason it impacts the System resources minimum is due to its Cloud Engine scanning techniques which uses Cloud while scanning the system.
There are very few AV(s) which uses this technology of Cloud scanning such as Panda Security Cloud as an example.

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
Yes, Tomsguide is one the trusted sites which posts genuine reviews about products so no doubt on that.
Second is the paragraph from the review above (read the full review though)

Kaspersky Security Cloud Free is well worth the download. It combines superior malware protection with a fast scanner that barely slows down the system and allows plenty of customization

The reason it impacts the System resources minimum is due to its Cloud Engine scanning techniques which uses Cloud while scanning the system.
There are very few AV(s) which uses this technology of Cloud scanning such as Panda Security Cloud as an example.

Yes this looks better, does nearly not have the number of processes running in background as other one's. Thanks for the suggestion.

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
Nod32 VS Kaspersky. All AVs will run some processes in the background. I use NOD32 paid version. No issues. If you want free version you will get bloat with it. There is no such thing as a free lunch.
32.JPG

K.JPG

PS: It took forever to download and install Kaspersky and I am still waiting for it to be uninstalled!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom