Light gaming PC suggestion - 50K

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming in 1080p and programming. If it can run StarCitizen that would be great.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 50K excluding monitor.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Not now, maybe in future. Will change the CPU and motherboard then

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Free

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 120 GB SSD 2 TB HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. Already have LG 24 inch IPS monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Already ordered Intel G4560 processor.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No, but I will do this by myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mostly online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am planning to buy a cheap processor and motherboard for now and later(1 year max) will upgrade both of these. So rest of the components like RAM, PSUs, SSDs should be compatible with the upcoming models.
For example intel g4560 and a cheapest motherboard possible to support it. I will later upgrade it coffee lake / or the next lake. Also I am planning to buy DDR4 3000 Mhz RAM and GTX 1060 GPU, so please suggest motherboard,psu which can accommodate all these.

OP
A

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
One question will it work if I put 3000 Mhz DDR4 Ram into a motherboard which supports only 2133 Mhz Memory? The RAM will function at lower clockspeed, but any bottleneck or any problem might occur?

OP
A

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Ok so I have decided a build. Please provide your inputs.

Processor - Intel G4560 - 5900
CPU Cooler - Stock free with g4560.
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2 - 3960
RAM - 16 GB DDR4 3000 Mhz Corsair veng lpx - 11600
Power Supply - (Corsair tx 650m -
Internal Storage - Samsung EVDO 250 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Blue Hard drive - 6600+5100
Cabinet - NZXT S340 Elite - 8600

GPU - ZOTAC Geforce GTX 1080

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
Corsair, GSkill, Avexir, ADATA, Kingston are some of the best brands available in India for memory modules. For PSU - go for Corsair RMx 650. For online links please open up mdcomputers.in, primeabgb.com, theitdepot.com & search

vito scalleta

In the zone

CPU Cooler - None
RAM - 8 GB DDR4 3000 Mhz(Please suggest a brand also a link to buy from online) -
Power Supply - (Please suggest a power supply considering future upgrades like i5 Overclock-able processor ,16 GB RAMS, GTX 1060 GPU) -
Internal Storage - 2 TB Hard drive (Please suggest the best) -

You will not be able to overclock your CPU with a H110 motherboard. You need Z170 for that.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

CPU Cooler - None
RAM - 8 GB DDR4 3000 Mhz(Please suggest a brand also a link to buy from online) -
Power Supply - (Please suggest a power supply considering future upgrades like i5 Overclock-able processor ,16 GB RAMS, GTX 1060 GPU) -
Internal Storage - 2 TB Hard drive (Please suggest the best) -
8th gen or above CPUs will not work on that mobo.

OP
A

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Go with a single 8GB module for now it'll be enough.
8 GB will not be enough for me. and in future if I add another 8 GB , I read that many times two ram modules doesn't work together unless they come in same packet( even though their frequency clock speeds are identical)
So either I will get a 16gb stick or 2 8 GB stick.

And please someone suggest a PSU. I almost finalized all the parts and ready to order. Only the PSU is holding me back.
It should be 550 or 650 watt, less noisy and moduler/semi moduler. Priced 7K max.

ssb1551

Technomancer
TX 650 should be better than a CX. Best will be RMx. If you want to go for Antec then they have Edge series.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
go with Tx 550M/650M - but read this first - Need Help - WD Hard Drive Caution Error...!!!

and avoid gigabyte S2 and go with gigabyte h110 DS2 or asus h110 CS ( bios update required )

Last edited:
OP
A

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Corsair tx650m is not available everywhere, only in vedant computers and they are charging 400 for shipping .

Ordered almost everything except psu and gpu.

How about adding GTX 1080 in this build,? The price difference between 1070 and 1080 mini is only 7K. So thinking of assign 1080 mini itself @ 41K Will it bottle neck the motherboard/cpu?

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
go with TX 550m if budget is problem in paying shipping , though btter if you get 650m it's a new PSU so only few sites have it like vedant , theitwares .. there is also Gtx 1070TI launching next week in USA .. yes g4560 is good upto 1060 only.. after that it starts bottlenecking

Testing When the Intel G4560 Bottlenecks GPUs: GTX 1050 Ti to GTX 1080

don't buy g4560 and pair it with a 1070..

Last edited:
OP
A

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
go with TX 550m if budget is problem in paying shipping , though btter if you get 650m it's a new PSU so only few sites have it like vedant , theitwares .. there is also Gtx 1070TI launching next week in USA .. yes g4560 is good upto 1060 only.. after that it starts bottlenecking

Testing When the Intel G4560 Bottlenecks GPUs: GTX 1050 Ti to GTX 1080

don't buy g4560 and pair it with a 1070..
Ok I will get GTX 1060 then(Zotac 1060 mini 6 GB to be specific).. Is this card will be enough to run all game in max settings in 1080p? recent games and upcoming games till 1 year.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Ok I will get GTX 1060 then(Zotac 1060 mini 6 GB to be specific).. Is this card will be enough to run all game in max settings in 1080p? recent games and upcoming games till 1 year.
Don't get mini unless you are planning a mini-itx build. Get dual fan version with highest factory OC and warranty duration.

Top Bottom